• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 constantly crashing

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to 2018 and it keeps crashing. Completely random but enough for it to drive me up the wall.

Windows 10

Dell XPS 15 4K - intel i7 7th gen - 32 gb ram

Editing GH5 10bit FHD long GOP clips, Mavic drone and GoPro .mov and .mp4

No other apps open

Tried both CUDA and software only

Cache files deleted

Only once has it come back with a crash report (I was using legacy titles) and it sent me to a completely random forum thread. The rest of the time it just hangs in the middle of an action, which could be anything from slicing a clip to changing the tool. In a ten hour day it crashes at least ten times. Sometimes after  opening the package after crashing it crashes again immediately, but sometimes not.

Whilst I've been having problems with Premiere Pro running properly on my XPS, it didn't crash like this in version 2017. This is new to 2018.

Anything else I can add to assist with bug-testing?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Been offline since my last post until recently but many of my problems have been resolved by the latest version that came out a week or two ago. Pr is not crashing anymore, in particular when trimming clips, which would almost guarantee a crash.

The other thing I did was buy an external SSD (Samsung T5) and this has helped significantly.

Pr is still slowing down when I start layering multiple 10 bit or 4K files. One strategy I'm using is to do adjustment layers and text last because they really sl

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i have a worse problem

In my case, i open premier pro, import a .mp4 video (1080p, 16:9, 30fps) and it sits in the library no problem, i can do most things but once i drag my video into the timeline or the editing window but premier will crash immediately. the thing it is a new laptop, my old laptop that had a 4th gen i5-4210u didnt have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm crashing all the time.. I'm on a ASUS G501.

Win10 (latest updates)

i7-4750

GeForce GTX 960M (driverversion 24.21.14.1163 / NVIDIA driver 411.63)

SSD

Working local

No other apps active

I tried to reinstall everything, but that didn't work. Now installing 2017 version. Hope that will fix the problem. Terrible waste of time!

Is there a list of Windows laptops that are 100% OK working with Premiere / AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because that vast majority are. You won an unfortunate lottery, something in your rig or install process is screwed up.

Did you uninstall via the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool? That's the only way to fix bad installs really, and though the instructions say to uninstall then run the cleaner, you get quicker results using the Cleaner tool to do the uninstall.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help for this problem.

I've been using premiere for over two years on my Macbook pro 2015. No problem at all, until I updated it two months ago. Since then, I've been experiencing constant, and absolutely random, crashes (software no responding, and cursor just remains as the spinning circle until I force quite the program).

Today, out of frustration, I went out spent over $4,000 to upgrade my setup to the macbook pro 2018 32gb 2.8ghz i9, believing that the problem will be solved (I thought it was my computer issue). GUESS WHAT, the error keeps coming back. The huge project is due soon and I'm here pulling my hair out as my work keeps getting crashed unsaved... I'm desperate for an answer. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it constantly crashes. I save the file and close it up and re-opening it takes me hours. It says my files are lost or I must locate them but they are still there. What is gong on. Adobe you must fix this now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily user to user. To address the engineers,  post details over on the UserVoice system. The more details on your system, media, and workflow the more useful it is for them to sort it out.

Some users like you are getting a lot of them, most aren't. They need to puzzle out why some systems go so nutso. That's a royal pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need some help. PLEASE. Adobe has not provided me with straightforward answers and I am sooooo frustrated I could spit. I have worked with Adobe Premiere Pro for 4 years now and have never had a real problem with exporting files. Now a rep is trying to tel me that it might have something to do with variable bit rate video files on an IPhone vs constant bit rate, etc. whatever. I have a low IQ n many things but I can promise you, that assessment is WRONG. I did nothing from last year to this year and when I would export about 25 minutes of a video show, it would take maybe an hour to export. Yesterday I tried exporting a 5 minute video ALL SHOT ON A GOPRO and it said it would take 9 hours! Unacceptable. If I could walk away from Adobe I would BUT all my shows are edited and ready to go and all I want to do is speed up the exporting, etc. SO I am looking at a new Mac Book Pro with better speed, specs, all the bells and whistles, and then I am thinking of using Adobe's 2020 updated version. Here's my dilemma. A few years ago I went and updated my premiere Pro version and it screwed up all my video editing sessions,. I couldn't find the files and the video pieces here and there and they just wouldn't come back into the session . . . SO what did Adobe do for me . . . you ready? They got me to reload the previous version, and magically all my sessions were back to normal. And they wanted a standing ovation. Buttheads. Big deal. They did nothing for me. SO my biggest concern is my past shows. If I get a new Mac and go wth there 2020 upgrade of Premiere Pro, what guarantees do I have that my previous files and sessions will be recognized and open correctly? AND to maybe solve that problem entirely, can I use that older version on the files I have now and use a different newer version on a newer computer? Does Adobe allow me to do that? I saw you had knowledge of stuff like this so I am praying you might be kind enough to help me and give me some intelligent guidance rather than poor guessing. Thanks and I hope I hear from you soon. Love, Austin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines