• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2018 - MP4 importing audio and not video

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the newest premiere pro and now when I try to import MP4 files only audio files show up in the program. I have fully closed/relaunched the program, cleared my cache, and moved the footage to a new folder. However, when I import it again some files have video files and others remain just audio. It is inconsistent which ones import with or without video.

Any ideas?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was downgrading to Premiere version 12.0 I had many files go offline in the middle of a project so re-encoding is another project in itself. Besides, one of the main reasons for purchasing Premiere was because it could handle any kind of file.  But now I can't upgrade to the latest version that I'm paying for until they resolve this issue. Have not heard any solution from Adobe. So much for "support' that we are also paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

I am waiting for support to call  me as I type this.  Yesterday things were working well. Today I had do 3 seconds of editing. Nothing but crashes and now Premiere doesn't recognize my external hard drive in one project but it does with a different project.  The drive is accessable except for  my documentary.  It is driving me bonkers and for well over $600 a year this — software should just work.

Moderator note: warning, do not use profanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you recently updated the Premiere software? In the Adobe cloud app you can select downgrading to previous versions. That’s what I did. Progressively going back until mu files came back online. Sounds like you have other issues though. Maybe a bad install.

Roland Marconi

Mediadream.us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd be cussing too if you were paying for this software.  Just get someone to fix my blessed issue, along with all of that are being royal — due to the incompetence here.  My latest call back from support is 2 hours behind from when it was promised.  I have a producer — blaming me for not being able to edit their film.  These issues have cost me $5000 in work.  So I bed for your forgivness for my poor friggin' word choice but if those who handle these things got their crud together and took their —, that would help.  The support people have been fantastic!!! They are being crushed by this and their moral is  —.  They are working 11 hours a day.   I have spoken to so many of them that we finish each others thoughts.  I am thankful for the free month that was added on but I have real bills to pay and my mortgage is due.  I can't pay it when YOUR blessed software is down.

Moderator Note: Profanity warning. We have minors reading here. Kindly tone it down for others' sake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I didn't cuss where the stars are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything on my desktop even trying older versions but nothing worked.

I lucked out i hadnt updated my laptop with the updates and so I thought maybe that could work.

If it hasnt been used in a while i may not get that bug. so after updating creative cloud i just opened not updating it and now my laptop works with premiere and figured hey perhaps if u have another cpu or laptop it may work as a work around.

Figured i let u guys kno what worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, but, I have this problem with files from Sony A7s2, and only with half of them ) lol, but not with Sony A6300 ... what the F...k guys?) if you cant fix it in next 24 hours, I don't know how, I will come back to the new Final Cut, which is much faster then Premier, to be honest, all of my friends already jump from AP to FC, seems like this is my turn.

Screenshot 2018-06-16 23.57.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have the latest MAC OS and have latest PR version but also have major issues with PR not wanting to import legacy files Quicktime wrapped. I've had to go back to PR v11.00 and although it hates any special characters in the file names, once these are simplified, imports fine. I migrated over from Avid but the latest 2018 PR seems very buggy and I've decided to go back to good old Avid. Abobe need to sort this out and keep up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem on windows (fully updated) and fully updated adobe. I attach mediainfo details page. the file plays ok in other windows media apps.

Why is this happening? this has happened since last update and is stopping our workflow massive!

9mediainfo.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like a 32 bit codec file to me. Can you revert to 12.0 version of Premiere Pro and check if it imports or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines