• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 (and 2018) crashing repeatedly on PC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, everyone. I recently built a new PC and have been having a lot of trouble with Premiere on it since. The specs are:

Intel 8700K

ASRock Z390 Extreme4

32GB RAM

Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Founder's Edition

Windows 10 Pro

EDIT: Here's the storage information, if that's helpful at all.

Samsung 970 EVO 256gb M.2 SSD (where Premiere is installed)

Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SATA SSD (where the cache files are)

Internal WD 8TB HDD

External Seagate 8TB

The program (both the current version, 13.0.1, the base v13 release, and also 12.1.2) will launch and be completely functional for 1-3 minutes, and then crash without any type of warning. I've rolled back graphics drivers, reinstalled, run the Adobe Cleaner tool, disabled the Nvidia display adapter, and every other fix I could find. The closest I got to actual stable use was disabling the Nvidia display adapter (on a rolled back driver), and not using multiple displays. The app would run fine on my main display, but the second any activity, in Premiere or otherwise, happened on one of the other two displays, Premiere would become unresponsive and crash.

I've contacted Adobe support, and spent close to an hour and a half on the phone with a representative, who did almost everything I had previously done. He was able to get Premiere running stably enough in Windows Safe Mode, but with two of my three displays physically disconnected and on a rolled back display adapter driver, which is not an ideal situation to be in when I have to do work.

The event manager seems to link this to something with the REDR3D-x64.dll module, but I don't know if that's true or not. Here's the error report that Windows shows:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 13.0.1.13, time stamp: 0x5bd2cef7

Faulting module name: REDR3D-x64.dll, version: 7.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b5288f3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000709e1

Faulting process id: 0x208c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d472fff75a6e8c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\REDR3D-x64.dll

Report Id: e69d225f-18f4-4f2a-a340-b8a762ccb356

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And then here's the detail view:

-System

-Provider
[ Name]Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers]0
Level2
Task100
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2018-11-02T23:02:55.611837100Z
EventRecordID3958
ChannelApplication
ComputerBoiMan
Security
-EventData

Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
5bd2cef7
REDR3D-x64.dll
5b5288f3
c0000005
00000000000709e1
208c
01d472fff75a6e8c
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\REDR3D-x64.dll
e69d225f-18f4-4f2a-a340-b8a762ccb356

I'm at a loss for what to do here, as nothing seems to be working. I'd love to get some help and see what's going on, or if anybody else has had a similar situation, because I have deadlines to meet and projects to finish, and it's very frustrating to have this happen, even on an earlier version of Premiere. Media Encoder has also been crashing when I try to import Premiere sequences, although I don't know if that's relevant to this issue or not.

Thank you to anyone who can help. This is a super frustrating problem and I'd love to get some assistance on it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: I've been able to get the 2017 version of Premiere working stably (so far), but nearly all of my projects are incompatible with that version, so I'm hurriedly exporting anything I need to work on as a Final Cut XML and importing it into a new blank project. Most of the sound mixing/design, as well as effects positioning on my projects are gone, so that's going to require several hours of work, but at least I have something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar situation. This initializing graphic will start up but then ... nothing! I've reinstalled, deleted app preferences, cleared cache, did a clean startup of Premiere (Shift + ALT - but won't open current projects and doesn't have preferences).

I run on windows.

This is frustrating because I'm working on 2 commercial projects right now and can't do work for 3 days now!

This is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I tried to figure out the problem with Adobe Customer Care and disabling the integrated graphics card (Intel HD 630) worked. My configuration is the following:

Dell XPS 15 (9570) FHD

Intel i7-8750H

16 GB RAM

GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q 4GB

I have now tried installing several Intel drivers and I cannot run Abode Premiere Pro 2019, only the 2018 version seems to be working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I was on the phone with Adobe support for almost two hours today while they uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled... you get the idea.

Adobe customer support eventually told me my video card only has 2GB or ram instead of the 4GB required to run PPCC2019. That doesn't explain why the exact same REDR3D-x64.dll file crashes when I re-installed PPCC2018. There are no video card ram requirements that I can see in regards to PPCC2018. As you can see on Adobe's very own website regarding Adobe Premiere 2018, nowhere is video ram mentioned..

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Combine this with the Import crash and I've, and I haven't been able to complete any video production at work in over a week. We're about one more support call away from investing into Final Cut Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I also spoke with Adobe and Microsoft, but the issue hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround that somehow eluded Adobe tech support.

For me, rolling back video drivers to versions from 2016 did the trick. It's ridiculous and shouldn't have to be done, but there you go.

I would like to point out that the Adobe techs I spoke with told me I didn't have enough video ram and quickly closed my ticket. I can now edit on that particular laptop in PP 2019, meaning it wasn't a problem with my video ram.  I ended up figuring out a solution myself, meaning I did their job for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried disabling your Intel Graphics card? Others have fixed this issue doing so.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, my solution that has worked perfectly on two separate laptops, one Dell and one Asus..

Roll back the drivers on your IntelHD video card to the oldest software you can. My Asus only needed drivers from 2017, while the Dell needed drivers from 2015. Once I did this both have worked perfectly.

Short answer to Kevin: Yes, and it didn't help.

Long answer: Most laptops with strong graphical muscle have two graphics cards, one used for basic display and another for the heavy lifting. In the two laptops I use an Intel HD 530 does the basic work and an Nvidia card is the muscle.

Disabling the Nvidia card solved nothing, so the Nvidia card wasn't the problem.

Disabling the Intel HD 530 fixed the problem, but the mobile Nvidia cards aren't really designed to be used as the basic graphics card in my laptops. This caused a bunch of Windows errors like low refresh rates inability to change resolutions. The problem was the IntelHD video cards, which have always been terrible and problematic video solutions at best since their inception.

Again, I'd like to point out how off base and dismissive Adobe tech support has been during this entire process. Not just the crashing after boot issue, but the crashing when importing issue as well. Private messages with employees on this form and especially calls to tech support reps, none of these people were able to solve my problem. I figured out the solution on my own time.

Phone support was especially frustrating, as two separate techs noted my available video ram, closed my ticket and hung up on me. For the past month I have been running Premiere, Cinema4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Audition on an iMac and an Asus laptop. Neither of these computers have 4 Gigs of video ram, but everything has been running smoothly. It's almost as if Adobe is using this 4Gig requirement as a way to avoid distributing support resources to a large number of paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your candid feedback, GGreathouseKV.

I'd like to point out how off base and dismissive Adobe tech support has been during this entire process.

This is disturbing, GGreathouseKV. I will definitely raise this issue with my superiors. You deserve a better support experience than you received.

Not to make excuses, but this particular troubleshooting issue is quite a frustrating one (as you found).

I agree that we need to get our house in order in troubleshooting and providing wider training on how to get customers with these systems up and running faster and smoother. Our staff is in touch with third-party vendors to seek out solutions that involve all parties.

Thank you very much for providing steps to get these machines back up and running. By all means, please file this issue as a bug here: Premiere Pro: Hot (3662 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

I will gladly upvote your bug report.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SimpsonFreak,

I did note that in your crash report, the following module is mentioned:

Faulting component name: REDR3D-x64.dll, version: 7.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b5288f3

Try removing RED software, if any. That may help defeat this bug. I noticed this component failing in a number of other crash reports here on the forum.

I know this post is getting quite stale, though. Some interaction from you to get it going again might help. It would be great to hear back from you. Please respond.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends! I have a same problem.

Laptop: Lenovo Y520

• Core i7 7700 HQ
  • 16GB RAM
  • Nvidia 1050TI 4GB

CC 2018 works, but after install CC2019 and update Nvidia drivers, CC2019 works only 5-10 min, and crushed.

Questions:

1. How can I fix that?

2. If I can not fix, why I must pay for soft, that is not works?

I think Adobe must fix that bug, but do not want to do that, isnt it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one remove RED files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines