• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 Audio Cuts Out

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having issues with audio tracks dropping in and out during playback both on the timeline and in preview window. Clips will play for a couple seconds and then the audio drops out, sometimes it comes hack, other times have to stop and start the clip only to have it happen again a few seconds later. On timeline one audio clip will drop while another continues to play. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Computer specs

Operating system: windows 10 pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel i9-7980 18 core

Motherboard: msi x299 gaming pro carbon

Memory: 64gb ddr4 3000

Graphics card: asus geforce gtx 1060 6gb

Ssd: samsung evo 7 pro 1tb

Hdd: Seagate barracuda 2tb

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Hi,

Audio dropouts:
Audio dropouts could be caused by many reasons, so there is no one correct answer. Typically, it is because of one of the following:

1. Insufficient computer resources (hardware not powerful enough for certain media, media files are long in duration).
  2. Materials were not ingested properly (H.264 or HEVC media needs to be transcoded or proxies created).
  3. Out of memory (memory cache is full and needs to be cleared via rebooting or otherwise).
  4. Sequence Settings for audio sample rat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you left out:  the properties of your source clips (codec, frame rate, etc).  By any chance was the material shot on an iphone.  If so, post back and I'll tell you the secret handshake to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. Similar specs.  And yes, shot on iPhone in 4K filmic pro 100MB/s.  Looking forward to that secret handshake info.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shane,
Hope you're doing well. So—OP does not list a high speed media drive in their specs. That's the missing link. Do you have one? If not, you need one, particularly for H.264/HEVC media. No can do? Create proxies using 720P ProRes Proxy files. That's what I do. Consider that your NLE is part of a "system" and needs certain hardware and/or an adjustment of workflow to get things cooking right. I hope I can assist with finding that balance for you. C'mon back with questions, my friend.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathaniel,

Sorry about this. Check your Sequence Settings. Make sure that the Audio > Sample Rate matches the sample rate found in the clip's properties. Also make sure your media resides on a separate high speed media drive.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this problem. Audio tracks randomly drop out during playback on the timeline. Only certain audio tracks drop out, while others playback normally. For instance, voice audio tracks on my sequence would frequently drop about 30 dB to be almost inaudible during playback while the rest of the mix played normally.  It would happen at audio cuts where soundbites were edited together.  Several clips would play normally and then it would happen.  Sometimes you could go right back to the almost inaudible clip and it would play normally.  Sometimes you could play it 10 times and the same clip would keep dropping low, along with the clips after it. I have tried deleteing/rebuilding the media cache and changing the renderer (currently using Metal). I have checked the sample rate on my sequence and clips, and all match (48000 Hz). Some of the affected audio clips are .wav and some are MXF.

Computer specs

Operating system: mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Processor: 4.2 GHz Intel Cote i7

Memory: 64gb ddr4 2400 MHz

Graphics card: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Renderer: Metal

Media is stored on a high speed external drive: Glyph Blackbox Pro 8TB connected by USB-C (3.1).

Audio File Properties

Type: MXF  

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 4 Channels

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 4 Channels

MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

File generated by: Sony, Mem (2.00)

AVC Long GOP High 4:2:2 Profile 10-bit Unconstrained Coding

Bitstream Format: Sony

Class 50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem and it drives me crazy! Why there's no official answer for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround that we found that has helped: Setting a pen tool keyframe at the beginning of each clip (rather than an audio dissolve effect) seemed to make a difference in whether the beginning of a clip plays audibly or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every F-ing time there is a forced update... something doesn't work after it.  Why am I spending nearly $700 a year for Adobe to screw me, my work and my deadlines.  I'm seriously tired of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by a "forced update?"  I have multiple versions of Premiere on my system and can choose which is the default app when I launch the app by opening a project file...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine.... it is still an offered update and the audio no longer works.  Same project... same drive... different premiere update.  Why do so many of your updates have some many bugs.  1 Year of Adobe CC is nearly equal to the price of Black Magic Studio.  You need to get your heads out of your ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, it works just fine for me... and never had any serious issues with an update.   I've had some serious issues with resolve.  great for color correction, not so great for editing and if you're media goes offline or there are issues importing it in the first place...   good luck with that...    Every system has it's pluses and minuses. 

If you want to work on solving your issues, start a new thread and we'll try and help.    You might want to start by telling us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem...... until I did Squence+Render entire work area.  I tried to go the proxies route but it seemed like it took a long time to get the media through the proxies.  This process seemed to be a lot faster.

Test the above and let me know if it works for you.   I'm not an Adobe support person, just a dude that't been reading these threads for last five months.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I too have experienced audio drop out using Primere Pro 2020. I use Macbook Pro 2019, 16" i9, with 64GB ram with Lacie Thunderbolt Hard drive. Thus, seems this configuration should not be an issue. One of my weekly edot projects is a one hour church service for livestream. I sync the switched PGM video, a CLEAN FEED, and a high and wide ISO and use Multicam mode to create the edit. Once they are sync, I only use one pair of audio and mute the other 2 pair. On playback the audio drops out often. My work around is to render ALL audio. Once the render is complete the audio works fine - thus far. Hope that helps. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. No answers from Adobe?

Computer specs

Operating system: windows 10 pro 64-bit

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHz

Memory: 32gb ddr4 3300

Graphics card: Radeon RX570 8 Gb

Ssd: HyperX  2tb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

We at VRT have it also. we work on MXF AVC intra 1080i50 100. But also on 1080i50 Prores 422 . We editing on PC. Several different sort machines, our footage is on our video storage connected by 1 gig network connection. AJA kona 4 as a playback card. We tested this on several Adobe versions. Somethimes the audio drops and only a pc start can bring it back. 

The message is :  "no audio found" but after restart audio is back... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like it might be a network issue as your media is not stored locally.  Avid dominates the shared storage market for a reason.  They've been doing it for a very long time and although I don't know if it's still the case, they used to control the hardware and software for shared storage.  If you've got a third party involved, things might be iffy.  I'd test the behavior with storage stored locally.  If you don't have the same issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and looking at the threads on here, this has been a problem they haven't been able to resolve since 2013, which is ridiculous for a company selling 'professional' editing software.

Here are my specs, in the hope someone from Adobe actually knows what's going on.
MacOS Big Sur V11.2.2
Macbook pro 16-inch 2019

Processor - 2.6 Ghz 6-core Intel Core i&

Memory - 32GB 2667 Mhz DDR$

Gfx - Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Premiere Pro V15.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have a very good system, only somewhat less powerful than yours. My audio was recorded through ProTools and is in wav format. During playback it will simply cut out randomly. Same thing with the audio in my mp4 video clips. All audio just stops and the playback continues. I have had nothing but headaches and heartbreak with Premiere. Crashes constantly. Countless lost hours. It is an absolutely infuriating program, but I'm paying for the suite at a discount, so here I am; stuck asking for help in the boards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saying you have a very good system is not sufficient.  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source prorperties and sequence settings.   Since you're having issues with your audio, please tell us what your preferences:  audio hardware settings are.  You might try setting your input to none,  that's solved some peoples problems.   Do you have any 3rd party audio hardware connected?  Might try disconnecting it to see if that might be part of the issue.  The problems could also be caused by other software you have installed.  You might try creating a new user with administrative privileges.     Lots of stuff to try, but please give us the info requested and we might have a shot at solving the issues.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is an Apple MBP 16" 2020 i9 64GB ram. I use Lacie Thunderbolt
hard drives. I have tried SSD drives and the audio dropout problem still
occurs. I do not use any other external gear. Premiere does not crash. Just
audio drops out.
tx
d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is next to impossible to troubleshoot these sorts of issues if you don't answer the questions in a systematic fashion.   so, did you check your audio hardware settings?  see the attached screen shots for where to find this.Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 2.20.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-27 at 2.19.50 AM.png

and did you try creating a new user with administrative privileges?  You can find this in your system preferences: users and groups.  If you need any help with either of these, post back.   Although this may be a bug in Premiere, it may very well be caused by something else.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what are your source audio sampling rates and do all sources match your sequence sampling rate?  Although generally Premiere should be able to handle mixed sampling rates, they can sometimes cause issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've even gone so far as to test by dropping one 1 video on the timeline that had a stereo audio file with it. ProRes UHD / 16-bit Stereo 48000. Still has the drop outs after just a few seconds, and I've tried going into the hardware settings as well as every "trick" listed here. Still having drop outs. This began to occur two updates ago. Everything worked flawlessly prior to that. Currently on 15.2.0 (Build 35)

System Specs? Windows 10 Pro, i9-10900KF @3.70Ghz, 128GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 with 24GB, 2TB SSD

Same video plays fine in Resolve with no issues. Same video plays with no issues in VLC, Media Player.

This is two versions of Premiere in a row that have had major audio issues. I can't justify a monthly outlay for software that causes workarounds and countless hours of fixes (that still haven't fixed) when I have the abilty to work with other software that has no issues. Really hoping Adobe address this major concern and restores my confidence in their offerings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines