• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO 2020 CACHE PROBLEMS

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if anyone can help with this. Some time ago I purchased a seperate NVME SSd drive as a CACHE ONLY Drive. 

Even though I have set this up in premiere, media encoder, after effects etc, It still fills up my C: drive which I have little room on. I knoticed previous versions did this as well but I thought it would have been corrected on this version? A

Any ideas?, Keep Having to delete cache that I need?

thanks Tony.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AvisionProd,

Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common and check if you have the MediaCache, MediaCache files and Peak files folder. If youhave moved it to external they shouldnotbe there except Media Cache files. Delete other 2 if youhave the same on the external one. Launch Premiere Pro and check again if the Media Cacheand Peak Files folder gets created again or not. If not, you are good to go.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you. Its got me stumpted? I have done that and even though all my preferences on all adobe products point to X: drive, as soon as I launch Premiere it creates new Media Cache files on C: drive??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to have fixed itself. I just Deleted the cache on C drive again and this time it worked. It still creates a cache directory on C but it is using X drive as that is the one growing in size.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines