• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2021 pauses playback after a second or two

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is becoming incredibly frustrating.  Whenever I play a clip or a sequence, it pauses after a second or two.  It is not dropping frames.  It is literally stopping playback and you must hit play again to get it to go (then it stops again after 1 or 2 seconds).  I have tried resetting preferences, clearing the cache, using older versions of GPU drivers, clearing out more space in the hard drive, disabling audio hardware, and increasing the memory used by the program.  Just keeps doing the same thing.  I have an NVidia Quadro P2000 graphics card, the software is on an SSD.  A couple of weeks ago everything was working fine.  This happens no matter what clip is in the timeline or source monitor.  Has nothing to do with effects applied or anything like that.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess:

Try System Restore to a point where all was OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am a teacher in a school and don't have that type of access on my machine.  It also doesn't explain why this is happening.  Would love other suggestions.  I have seen other similar threads and none of them have a solution.  Many have suggested it is an audio hardware issue.  Doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for help on this.  I have been trying everything and can't get it to work.  Playback pauses in both source and program monitors.  Have to keep pressing play over and over to get through anything.  Makes editing and teaching my students how to edit nearly impossible.  I have been using Adobe PP for 8 years and have been a loyal Adobe customer and I was the one who initially pushed my school district to adopt Premiere Pro over Final Cut.  A little help would be appreciated.  I honestly don't have time to sit on a call with tech support so I am hoping this forum will provide the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly don't know, and you've done a lot of things I would have tried.

Any 'delays' in playback have always been (for me) due to either drive speed or network delays (shared storage) ... but never stopping after starting playback - always delays 'before' playback.

I'd suggest do a speed test on your drive(s) just in case it's the SSD that's the cause. Blackmagic Disk Speed test is a good and free app.

Is keyboard OK, maybe spacebar is activating twice. Swap out keyboard to test.

Do you have any previous version of Premiere Pro installed? Test these if you can at least to narrow it to perhaps a 2021 issue?

Got nothing else, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines