• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 freezing and crashing on me

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga C940 with an Intel Core i7 CPU and 16 GB of memory using Windows 11. I have the newest update of Premiere Pro 2022.

Starting a couple of days ago, It's been near impossible to use Premiere. I'm working on a project now where it won't let me watch what's on the timeline and when it does the audio works normal but the video is stop and go. When I try to export anything, it would go one or two percent and then freeze on 2 percent. When I save my work, it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to finish saving and will freeze and say "not responding" at some point during the save. I would work on this project until eventually it would freeze altogether and I need to turn off the laptop and turn it back on in order to continue to use the laptop. My laptop is not broken. Premiere is the only program on my computer that has this issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've installed an older version of Premiere. I've deleted my media cache. All with the same result. Everything was working just fine a week ago and I have absolutely no idea what could have started this. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix to this that doesn't involve spending more money?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overheating?

Do you have a dedicated graphics adapter or just the onboard Intel graphics?

Where is your media stored? 

What is your export destination?

Is there enough free space for both of those things?

Some more info would help:

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking... - Adobe Support Community - 3929027

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran down the list of the FAQ you provided and found that changing my Mercury Playback Engine to 'software only' did the trick. Somehow, it must have been switched to 'hardware' and it has been causing me grief. Thank you very much. Apologies for the late reply. I never got notifications for any replies to my OP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I think. 😄

The "software only" trick takes the GPU out of the equation and adds a lot of processing/export time. The cost of that stability is time.

To try and get the GPU involved and stable, I'd go to your graphics card manufacturer's site and download their latest driver. In the case of Nvidia, be sure to grab the Studio driver and not the Game Ready driver.

Perform a clean install of the new driver and try your export again. Hopefully you'll get stability and speed out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

Sorry about the trouble. Does it happen while working on a specific project? Do you see any error codes or messages when it crashes? Could you check if crash reports are saved? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines