• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 Playback Lagging

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's wrong but I can't for the life of me get my playback to run smoothly. Everything else works as fast as it should. 

I'm running it off an external with almost  1tb of storage left, I've uninstalled/reinstalled, reset the caches, have zero effects or luts on the clips -- WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Hi Kevin, thanks for the suggestions. I deleted media cache and that has made a difference. The playback head is behaving more as it should. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @massimom63754706, @raya18111348, and @PaulsTV28114546cl7q,

Thanks for writing your notes, everyone. I also see this issue on my M1 MacBook Pro. I will continue to investigate. This is an updated project with a long timeline and lots of H.264 4K. I'm going to test with a new project. Let me know if you have any other notes I can pass along to the dev team. Sorry about this issue. I hope I can help get this problem some attention.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,,

I have an update. I seem to have the problems with captions enabled on a very long 4K sequence. I believe this is a known issue with such sequences. Take a look at your own sequence and note if it is long in duration, has H.264/HEVC footage at 4K, and captions. I'll continue to advocate for better performance with such workflows.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro 2024, to be honest...... just no words. What the hell is going on. Lagging, cannot encode to export, media pending all the time,restarts and clearing cache barely works. What's going on adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...same.  Try not to pull hair out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diddo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2024 is absolute trash...  I'm extremely excited about the new Text-based editing, but not worth the headaches of lag, constant loading, poor playback,... list goes on.  Even after Delete media cache, reimporting original project into new project,... doesn't help at all.  I have a $5K mac-daddy of Macbook Pro (all upgrades bells and whistles)... premiere just doesn't work like it should.  Anyone who has a solution please share!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of footage? Have you tried proxies, @Super-Seng stage III?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 Puget PC custom build

NVM3 4tb media drives

internal SSDs for caching

NVIDIA RTX A5000 GPU

I have found no solution for lagging and sticking  issues I am facing in PP. I do use nested sequences often as well as mulicams of nested sequences. I am guessing this is the source of my issues which manifest in Great frustration, obscenities and an urge to punch myself in the face.

I have been an editor for decades. I cannot stand how slow and laggy Premiere Pro v24 is. I can't stand working. Nothing but frustration with this tool every day. Creativeness, flow, and productivity are all hampered. Makes me want to leave this career. (side note, I use proxies for everything always, even if I have mp4 source footage, i make prores small proxie files.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up:

on v24.3 (b59) 

today, less issues, seemed to be smooth. 
however, no multicams (and I miss them, will try and update) Yet did have nests. 
actually last few days have been smooth, other than usual eye rolls like rendering audio to see the waveform, (sometimes waveforms show up just from adjusting track height so I consider that an improvement)

so currently, frustration needle turned down. Which, now that I think about it, I'm the only one who controls that knob anyway. Self eye roll. 

I can only assume my modified and deliberate workflows have also aided the performance issues as well as updates from .1 or what have us. 

I also do the "import project" to a new project made fresh from the current version.
Almost daily delete all cache files and (reset preferences often) If one just assumes these as part of an optimized workflow and do them regularly, then one may encounter less frustration and more productivity. Therapy can aid this as well friends have been telling me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

The only way to fix this issue is to install the latest Premiere Pro 23 version. If you try to open the project that you saved in the v.24 in the v.23 you'll see a message that it's not possible to open. So go to this tool: 
https://vakago-tools.com/premiere-pro-downgrader/

It will make your project able to open in previous versions. 
This is so annoying and ridiculous, but it's the only way I found to keep editing. The 24 version is impossible to use.

I hope Adobe fixes this soon because this software is not cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had TERRIBLE playhead lag in Premiere 2024 but I fixed it by CLOSING the "Essential Graphics" window!

I noticed this because resetting the workspace solved the problem for me, but then the problem reappeared after I configured my workspace to my liking again (which INCLUDED "Essential Graphics").
I'm running on a rather old graphics card (1080ti) and I assume that Premiere consumes gfx resources because of the pre-rendered video templates that exist in the "Essential Graphics" menu... even if you never use them at all!
This is quite embarrassing and it was NOT a problem on the last version of Premiere that I used (2022). So probably reverting to 2022 or 2023 is a good solution too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines