Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6 will not open with workspaces

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Critical Error 

The latest release of Premiere Pro 22.6 does not open with a workspace. In fact it opens with nothing at all. No windows at all. The Workspaces are all greyed out and you cannot save a new one. Basically this build is a write off.

Windows 10,

RTX 3070,

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz.

64 GB Ram

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this version been launched to day (otherwise its still in beta).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lauched today. Instant fail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  I can't open any previous projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's trashed revert to 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. No difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.6 can only be found in Beta.  The latest Beta Version is 23.0.  It is the same for Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect.  22.6 was offered today on Creative Cloud as a regular update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a public release follow Carlos' advice.

Have not seen the update yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but resetting the preferences didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User Since 1991,

The release is rolling out this week. It should arrive shortly for everyone. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan Just to be clear... is there a fix for this? I too am having the same issue as of today after updating to build 22.6.0 (Build 68).  I've tried resetting the cache on startup, and preferences and also tried resyncing settings with AC.  The app will launch but I cannot open any project. All options are greyed out. I can open some windows i.e. Window > Program Monitor but not all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, digividkid,

No, sorry. It's a new version, so it's a new issue, however, the team is on the case. I'll point them to this post, as well, in case they need to ask you further questions. I hope with your and others' help; we can solve this ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan Love to help any way I can. I've just updated another one of our edit systems... same result however it was a different AC user on our domain.

On both machines, I've reset the prefs on startup and created a new project - then imported the pre (22.6.0) project. Once imported all seems normal. However, if I save & close the project, then reopen it - I get the same result - blank screens with no workspaces and options greyed out. 

I've frozen our remaining 6 edit systems to not update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last observation... AP is throwing a lot of font errors. That is also a new behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I was able to get the machines that were updated to release build (22.6.0) to open projects created prior to this release. Here are the steps I used:

1) Launch Premiere and clear plug-in and preference cache - (Shift + Option on Mac, Shift + Alt WIndows–while Premiere launches) I did not open or start a new project at this point. 
2) Goto Premiere Preferences > Settings > Sync Settings > Tick the box that “Automatically clear settings on application quit”.
3) I quit Premiere at this point. 
4) I relaunched Premiere and opened the project(s) that were created prior to this release. 
5) Once again,  I went to  Premiere Preferences > Settings > Sync Settings > Tick the box that “Automatically clear settings on application quit”.
6) I then saved the project. 
At this point, I was able to edit, save, quit and relaunch without any further issues. It seems that as long as Premier does not try to apply any previous Workspace configurations we are able to open and edit. If any previous Workspace configurations were loaded, I had to repeat the steps above. 

I hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post.  Have you received any confirmation from the Adobe people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
Nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admire your resolve (pun acknowledged). But seriously, if you have to go to these ridiculous lengths to get a flagship NLE to open a project from a previous version (literally the previous point release 22.5) then I seriously question whether this ship is on the correct course. Adobe conservatively employes 26,000 people. The install base for Premiere Pro is in the region of 9 Million people. Many of them paying around £40-£50 a month. How many people do we think got the prod to upgrade and did so to find instantly that the 22.6 release was instantly unuseable by all but the most commited and skilled users. I find it staggering that this could happen and baffled that it actually did. I bought a Resove license aboiut 6 months ago and I guess its about time I tried a little harder to be less lazy and become better aquainted with it before Premiere throws in the towel of simply dies from disinterest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kinda worrying that a new  release literally doesnt make it beyond the splash screen. There must be pre release checklist that includes:

1. Open and create new project.   

2. Open project from previous release

3. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Christopher. I do not see this on my machines, Mac Intel, Mac M1, or Windows 10 (Intel). I'll ask if the team can check out the AMD CPUs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support Kevin. I'm sorry to vent here, but this is quite absurd. As a former tape online editor, Facility company founder and non linear pioneer, I  have never seen this from Avid or Lightworks or Final cut even through the formative years of NLE's and shared storage. To release a product in this state is actually shocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher,

Sorry man. Please provide direct feedback to the team here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines