• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 24.5 “Project appears to be damaged”

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ever since updating to 24.5 I've gotten the "project appears to be damaged" error everytime i close out of premiere and try to reopen the project. I have my autosave set to every 5 min and even some of those are popping up with the same error. Now having to go back an hour + into my project to redo all of that work. Anyone know of a way to mitigate this from happening?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that this is happening. It is advised not to update Premiere while you are currently working on a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated before beginning this project because of performance issues on the previous versions. 
Might have to hop on the Davinci Wagon at the end of this year😅🙃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

Then try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, along with resetting preferences. Still the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the project files on an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ever since updating to 24.5 I've gotten the "project appears to be damaged" error everytime i close out of premiere and try to reopen the project.

By @bransyns59856404

Long shot: What happen if you create a brand new project and simply import the project file that apperas to be damaged into the new project? Sometime that will do the trick, but not always. Worth trying.

I think @Peru Bob may be correct regarding that the project file is located on an external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

develop the habit of saving more than 1 version of your project, like project_01 project_02 etc...

I always follow this workflow ...

is your project file size 0 ?

try this on a copy of the damaged project file, which is usually used to change to previous versions, but maybe it will work:

zip the project file in 7zip, right click on the project and select extract here under 7zip, then open that file with a text editor. You'll see a bunch of text, but look for <Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="xx">

Change the version number to 1 and save the file. Then right click the file again and select add to archive under 7zip. Change the format type to gzip and change the file name to whatever you want with the extension .prproj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are you saving your project file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines