Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 25th Anniversary + Contest

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

Premiere Pro turns 25! With that, there will be a number of events and announcements related to this event.

Good times! Let's celebrate!

Cheers,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on this entire Adobe trip for 25 years.

Its been great!

I even remember the smell of the manuals. 

I have even been on this Forum a considerable time...and some would say far too long!.  When did it start?

MEMBER SINCE August 11, 2002

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Let's celebrate!"

You buying the beer in Vegas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to enter this competition and downloaded the free trial. In the rules it says that I can download a special 25 day trial for premiere pro for the competition but when it downloaded I only have the standard 7 day trial. I contacted customer support on the online chat and phone and they keep saying there is only a 7 day trial and they had never heard of the competition. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do or who I can talk to who can actually help me? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LaurenK,

There's a 25 day trial? Can you point me to a link where it indicates that? I want to check that out.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the make the cut website makethecut.adobe.com  if you go to official rules it's in section 3 it talks about a 25 day trial. I emailed adobemakethecut@gmail.com and they said to enter Adobe email into the Adobeid section on the website for the competition and that it might take a couple days for the 25 day trial to activate, so for now I'm waiting a couple days to see if anything will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LaurenK,

Did you get your issue sorted? It appears that there is a special trial for this contest. I hope you are working on the music video now. It seems to be a very popular contest. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Is Quebec not eligible for the shortcut contest but Canada is. I've been with Adobe for a while and this could be a great oportunity for me as for everyone who has the passion and the chance to enter. But, I live in Quebec and this is kind of unfair. I'm not here to complain about equality, but I just want answers for my misunderstanding about this choice.

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quebec law may not allow some of the rules of the contest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely no reason Adobe would wish to avoid having this contest working in Quebec ... unless there's something specific about the provincial laws that would not allow the contest with the rules that are set for it.

There are frequently contests or specials run by national corporations in the US, where it's stated that the contest/special is "Not available in NH, ND, OH, FL, or MN" (choosing states at random here) because the laws in those states won't allow the contest the way it's set up.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ame,

Due to legal restrictions and local requirements, only those from a select list of countries are eligible to win. You can find the full list under No. 2 of the official rules here: adobe.ly/2lF6sQy

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I submitted an entry for the contest.  The upload took a couple of minutes and it appeared successful but no email confirmation that the upload succeeded and was received.  Is there supposed to be an email confirmation that the entry is received and accepted by Adobe?

Also, my video was the length of the Imagine Dragons "Believer" song and using the encoding settings of the source, the size of the video came to 258MB.  The contest upload page only allows a max of 200MB files   One of the Adobe live stream events announcing the contest and how to download and use the zip kit provided recommended using the "Youtube 1080p" setting, but this unfortunately made the output video about 400MB.  I wound up starting by using the encoding settings of the source and down-tweaking the average bit rate from 10mb to 7.5 and came out with a 195 MB movie.   Hopefully, this is helpful for others or Adobe can, at least, allow a bit larger upload file.

Thanks,

-- Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CraigSFowler,

Thanks for entering. No, there is no email confirmation as I understand it. A "Thanks for entering" screen probably appeared but maybe you didn't see it. I'm glad you were able to get your entry under 200MB. The contest sounded like a pretty big challenge, so big, that even the encoding was no cake walk. Thanks for sharing your processes.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rules say I am supposed to submit my premiere file along with the video but I saw no place to upload the edit file.  Only the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bam,

If your video is chosen as a finalist, then we'll collect your project file. Right now, don't be concerned about it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So  ... it's Friday afternoon.

Does anyone know:

1. Have the 25 been chosen?
  2. The Rules say "potential winners will be notified..." When is that? Will the 25 finalists be contacted before Sunday's midnight Youtube posting? Or is that the earliest way to know if you've "made the cut"?
  3. When will the Grand Prize winner be announced? After the YouTube voting?
  4. For the "Fan Favorite" thing -- is there any kind of system where people will have to watch a certain number of entries before voting? If not, it's just basically a social media popularity contest, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Judge Wolf,

Sorry that I have no information on the contest, however, I will try and find out for you. My apologies for not having this information handy.

You also might try forwarding any such questions to adobemakethecut@gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Judge Wolf,

Due to the incredible number of submissions received, public voting to determine the “Fan Favorite” Winner on YouTube will begin at 12:00 a.m. ET on May 1, 2017 and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 5, 2017. The 25 Finalist Entries will be featured in a playlist on the Adobe Creative Cloud YouTube channel once the fan voting period begins. Finalists will be notified via email in advance of the fan voting period.

Best,

The Make the Cut Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Lesleya100​!

Do you know when the 25 will be notified, approximately? The day before, week before... ?

And the voting thing .. it's just a popularity contest? No requirement to view more than 1 to vote?

And the Grand Prize winner ... when will they be announced?

And can you tell us about how big is an "incredible number" ? 1,000? 10,000? 50,000?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JudgeWolf,

The 25 will be notified in advance, but we can't share timing at this point.  As was mentioned, we've had a ton of submissions (in the thousands) so we're very busy watching every video. The timing of the Grand Prize winner is pending verification, so again we can't provide a specific date, but it will be sometime in May.  I'm sorry we are unable to answer every question, but stay tuned by way of the Premiere Pro social channels for real-time updates.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know that this contest has ended, however I am beginning to teach my students how to use Adobe Premiere Pro and have come across this great tutorial: Edit a music video |

I would like to use it, however I cannot find anywhere to download the uncut Imagine Dragons footage needed. I know the students would really love it. Can you please direct me to where I could download the song?

Thank you very much!

Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already reported this broken link. Adobe seems to be a bit slow.

Its no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I let the powers that be know.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Gina,

The rights to the footage has officially expired. I apologize for this shortcoming. We will remove the page ASAP to avoid confusion for other customers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines