• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and Encoder causing late 2015 imac to shut down

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have older and newer versions of Premiere for Mac. I run Premiere 2018 and 2020.

In the past week when I load them they either shut down the computer instantly or let me work for a few minutes and then shut down the computer - like pulling the plug not an elegant shut down.  

I have run through tests with Apple and took it to the store for a diagnostic and they cannot see a hardware issue.

I reloaded my OS and upgraded the OS to Mojave and no success. 

It's very difficult to deal with Apple and Adobe each faulting the other for issues.  I have seen on forums that this is not an uncommon problem.

It is very frustrating to try to find the precise mix of OS and software that will keep Premiere from crashing - but now to have to worry about the whole computer shutting down may well prompt me to switch programs. I have over a decade of Premiere experience and would regret letting it go but this is just no longer workable. 

I may try to replace the Mac power supply but it is suspicious that it shuts down with Premiere or Encoder. 

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the computer shuts down it isn't the app. Systems are supposed to be bulletproof; if bulletproof glass breaks it isn't a faulty bullet. The causes are likely to be one of

- system fault

- hardware fault (RAM, cooling, GPU, many other things)

- driver fault

I'm not trying to let Adobe off the hook; Adobe's apps are full of bugs. But this can't be one of them because Apple's design is supposed to stop even the worst apps crashing the system, deliberately or accidentally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you get a crash report on restart?

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines