Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro - Blu Ray Burning

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I am new to Premiere Pro, and I'm having some issues creating a good quality Blu Ray disc. First, I used Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1 to create and export a film, and burn it using Toast DVD with the Blu Ray plug-in and an LG blu ray burner. Since I am working on a Mac, the LG software was not compatible (I called LG and they said it should work with other software such as Toast.) However, after I export the film, I end up with 4 files which I'm not sure what to do with. My question is:

1) Do I somehow need to combine these files in Toast, or should they have been one file after the export?

2) Is this the best workflow for something like this? I read that Encore would be another option, but then I would have to install CS6 and I'm afraid if this would corrupt my current projects currently saved in the newer CC version. Unless you can have both versions installed at the same time? I started the installation, but stopped after I received an error message.

3) Is there another program that would be better for this? Or perhaps I am using the wrong settings. (1920 x 1080 video, 23.976 fps, h264 blu ray at a 40 bit rate, into a mp4 film) I'm sure I'm leaving out important information, just not sure what I need to include here, I apologize for my lack of knowledge!

Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export using the H.264 Blu-ray exporter you will get four files upon export. If you use Toast to author a Blu-ray you only need the .wav/.aif file and the .m4v file. If you use the authoring function of Toast it should be able to combine the two files. I am not a Toast user so i am not sure what Toast can or cannot do.

If you install CS6 it will not mess with your current installation of Premiere Pro since it will co-exist with CS6 without problems. I suggest using Encore CS6 for authoring Blu-ray discs as it works great, accepts files from Premiere Pro and has a tight integration with Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help! I actually went ahead and downloaded CS6, however, I'm having trouble with the final quality of the blu ray disc now. It appears a bit overexposed and noisy with some artifacts. The film looks fine though when I watch it after exporting, so I'm thinking something is going wrong when I burn the disc perhaps? I have been reading over so much information on the forums and watching tutorials, I think I'm getting myself even more confused! I just want to clarify the workflow -- after exporting from Premiere Pro, I pull the files into Encore CS6, and then it's ready to burn from there, correct? I read something about Media Encoder also -- should that be a part of the workflow as well? I've also been trying different settings from what I listed earlier to see if that helps -- I kept h264 and just lowered my bit rate now so hopefully that works. Sorry for so many questions, but any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want is to export using the H.264 Blu-ray Exporter. What you want to see is Don´t Transcode in Encore and you must be sure that the export are correct, for example exporting 1920x1080 23.976 as 1920x1080 23.976. Any mis-match will produce lower quality.

transcode-status.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Premiere 12 (&13) will no longer export an H.264 BluRay compliant multiplexed file due to the lack of Dolby encoding capability.

Encore seems to require the multiplexed file to author BR. I have tried with H.264 video + .wav, or other audio formats, but Encore will not produce BR from any of this. I always get an error message when the Build process is attempted.

The only way I have found to continue BR production with Premiere 12 & 13 was by purchasing the Minnetonka Dolby Surcode plug-in.

Have I missed something here???

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore will still transcode wav files into stereo Dolby. 5.1 audio has always required a Blu-ray ready file that is passed through in encore. The 2018.1 or so through to the current PR version issue with h. 264 Blu-ray exports has nothing to do with Dolby. The file comes into Encore showing do not transcode, but fails building with an apparently unrelated error.

Encore has always required nonmultiplexed files, meaning separate audio and video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PPro 2017 and earlier, the export preset for h.264 Blu Ray was Dolby multiplexed.

I had always used these multiplexed files in Encore as "do not transcode" with perfect success in producing BR output as folder, or burn to disk.

When I use the PPro 2018 preset for h.264 BR I get .m4v and .wav.

The import into Encore is as "do not transcode", but during build I get an error code that points specifically to a problem with the audio file.

I was never aware that Encore had Dolby encoding capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting!

I checked using CS6 and resetting preferences, so I was seeing the default preset for the format. H.264 Blu-ray is a bit tricky since it has more presets than the plainer MPEG2-DVD or MPEG2 Blu-ray. But the default for most is Multiplex: None and Audio: PCM.

But the alternative for no multiplex is TS, and I had not realized till  this test, but the resulting .m2ts is imported to EN as Blu-ray, "do not transcode." The alternative for audio PCM is Dolby. But that is not, of course, an option in newer versions.

And yes, the recent problem with PR/AME exports is a problem.

I have not tested the .m2ts import as to whether it shows the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines