• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2014 gets stuck on Media Pending.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been having a bit of trouble with PPCC 2014 opening projects then getting stuck with all my footage and assets and after effects comps just displaying with 'Media Pending'. The program still works, opens, and I can save and click around so it's not crashing but nothing loads unless I force it to relink which obviously isn't great when I'm having to edit multiple large projects. These projects still open just fine on regular old Premiere Pro CC so I will continue using that for the time being.

Media Encoder is also having an issue with After Effects comps that are in Premiere Pro timelines and only display as 'Media Pending'.

Fortunately all these issues go away if I reboot my machine and try again straight away, but having to reboot my mac just to open a project or do a export isn't exactly preferable.

I have a Mac Pro (late 2013) with 10.9.4 with 16gb Ram and a AMD D500 3GB card.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been suffering with the same issues and has come across any fixes.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

The issue seems to have dissapeared. By starting up a clean project then, by using the "media browser" tab, I imported the project/sequence (although I have several sequences, I imported only one sequence. don't know how it would work by importing multiple sequences) and was good to go.

The project I am working with was created with CS6 and went on to CC and CC 2014. The problem appeared after upgrading to CC 2014.

Media pending, along with no playback, unresponsive buttons and having to force shu

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is how I fixed the Media Pending in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

1. Right click on the video in the timeline.
2. Left click on “Enable” in the drop down window, this will uncheck it.
3. Once done right click on the video again in the timeline.
4. Left click the “Enable” in the drop down again, this will enable the video again.

This will fix the Media Pending. The video should now be back active in the timeline.
To see a quick tutorial that’s less than 2 minutes go here: https://youtu.be/imEeCsDa8DY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines