• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc 2015.3 - new proxy feature problem - Reconnect Full Resolution Media not working with mp4

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for great new feature - proxies! The idea is very good. But there is still something that need to be done. I tried to make proxies of my 4K footage from Sony FS-7. The codes was XAVC-L. The proxies are ok, and rendered. But i found that later I cannot reconnect full resolution media. It is because of audio channel layout. Camera is recording 4 mono channels, and h264 mp4 proxies are with other audio layout. Premiere says that "Proxy Media and Full Resolution Media must have matching audio channels" . This takes place when I select H264 proxies. When using quicktime gopro preset it seems to be ok.

Great new feature. Thank You Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MOV Cineform option works on FS7 footage if you HAVE NOT altered the audio channels. (right click clip in project panel and select/alter modify > audio channels).  If you alter the audio channels it will give you the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution that works for me:
Opening a project after moving proxy files may bring up the Offline Files dialog window. Upon browsing and finding the proxy files it gives the error (these proxies have different audio channels bla bla).
Select Offline All and then navigate to the source media (select them all) in the Project Panel and right-click > Proxy > Attach... and browse to the appropriate proxy files. This works to connect the proxies again and upon re-opening the project you should not get the same error (unless you move the proxy files again).

Reposted because I don't think anyone noticed this comment originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this solution. It works. First make them offline, then link them, then attach proxy and all the sudden audio is not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today with apparently no reason.

When i hit "attach" proxies the following message appears: "Proxy Media and Full Resolution Media must have matching audio channels"

A good workaround i found is quite simple: move all the proxy files to a new location (it doesn't matter where. Just a new location. Even a subfolder of the original one) and try to link media.

Now everything works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines