Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2015 does not recognize Sony MTS files

Title edit by moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Hi Curtis,

Please go to Task Manager on your windows 7 (CTRL+SHIFT KEY+Esc), in prcesses tab check the box which says "show all processes from users" . Once done close all the processes of Adobe found in processes tab.

After this please go to documents folder and rename Adobe folder(s) as Old_Adobe

Then Click on start button and in Search program and files box type %appdata%, this will take you to Roaming folder. In this rename the Adobe folder as old_Adobe.

Restart your machine. Launch Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As official staff advice, this is unacceptably vague.  In saying "Make sure all the Adobe application/services are closed in task manager," there are cryptic names associated with the cloud apps, and the advice tailored to "on your windows 7" [sic] doesn't help the majority of us who upgraded in the past few years to the actual current operating system.  Simply put, after following these vague instructions, the folder in Roaming cannot be renamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you boot into Safe Mode, that folder can be renamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I tried to rename the Adobe folder from the roaming to old_Adobe, it opens a warning "the folder is in use". I can't do anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2015 does not recognize Sony MTS files

Hello I'm having the same problem and the explanation is not clear enough, I confused the tutorial CTRL + SHIFT KEY + Esc ... can you please explain in more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this note, however each time I end the processes Adobe CEF Helper.exe and AdobeIPCBroker.exe they both fire up again a few seconds later?

Should I ignore that and carry on with the rest of the instructions and rename the Adobe folders to Old_Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScubaBadger wrote:

Thanks for this note, however each time I end the processes Adobe CEF Helper.exe and AdobeIPCBroker.exe they both fire up again a few seconds later?

Should I ignore that and carry on with the rest of the instructions and rename the Adobe folders to Old_Adobe?

The problem is, as I mentioned, many if not most instances of trying to rename the folder get blocked by still-running background processes (and recurring ones as you note), not all of which start with "Adobe" at that, while the official starred staff advice given here was:  shut down all that stuff, and you figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Start your machine in safe mode it will allow you to rename it.

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinay Dwivedi wrote:

Hi David,

Start your machine in safe mode it will allow you to rename it.

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

//Vinay

So are you amending your staff advice and editing the top post that 100% will see first, or are you keeping this buried at the bottom of the discussion?

Turns out another and easier potential approach, when you're quick to the trigger, is to restart and rename the folder upon reaching your desktop, before the relevant background processes load if at all (and they generally don't without an Adobe application boot).  Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded my files from SONY cx240 onto pp 2014 cc and , while completing my edit, updated to pp cc 2015.

Everything seemed normal, until I tried to export to MPEG2.

Footage was shot at 60p 1920x1080 highest  quality. Imported by SONY's PLAYMEMORIES HOME. Files dragged into PP just fine.

Exported to MPEG2 29.97 interlaced upper first, CBR (and also VBR) . RESULT : audio but no video.

I cannot seem to save the presets in a file I can send you. The preset file is invisible in my laptop pc win 8.1.

Please HELP !  Need to export for TV broadcast in MPEG2 or XD (which PP does not support (?) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ebonder

where is it to be broadcast? Are you near any other members of the forum? Can you take it to / work with another member of the forum who has PP2014 behaving itself - a short term collaboration my get you out of a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Montreal's Videotron cable channel MAtv.

Ely Bonder

514-898-2082

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can you call that a solution? now the cloud tool nags me to download and install everything again, although it's all there. and i need to set up everything again, all settings and user data is gone.

this issue was present in cc 2014 too. it got fixed there and in the media location tool, it was just important that the preview of the file showed up (which it does not now), but now we are back again? seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about instructions to fix this on a Mac (OS X Yosemite)? I'm having the exact same problem trying to import AVCHD files into PPro 2015.  Worked fine in all older version of Premiere Pro but not with CC 2015.  It sounds like Windows users have a work around, but I need help for a Mac.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juarez,

Try to make a new folder and move the complete AVCHD or BDMV folder which contains MTS files, into it. Make sure you do not break the folder structure.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the folder the files were in and then restarted Premiere. Then it asked me to relocate them and after it started working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building an image for a college.  We're having the same issue with MTS after creating a package for distribution which doesn't include the cloud manager.  We don't want students trying to log in with their personal Adobe ID's.  We cannot use the method above for every single user's roaming folder.  What else can be done to enable the use of AVCHD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kendo196 wrote:

I'm building an image for a college.  We're having the same issue with MTS after creating a package for distribution which doesn't include the cloud manager.  We don't want students trying to log in with their personal Adobe ID's.  We cannot use the method above for every single user's roaming folder.  What else can be done to enable the use of AVCHD?

The larger issue is that Adobe, having been aware of this bug for years, has declined to take any action to fix it.  It is a not a feature request, but an actual flaw of the program introduced mid-way into its product life.  The customer request (so far ignored) is simply to restore proper useability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR EVERYONE USING WINDOWS 8.1 OR LATER!

I just had a very nice chat with Adobe support about this issue.

IF you are using WIndows 8 or later, these steps will help make sure you can import AVCHD files.

1. Make sure you don't have any open adobe programs. You don't have to go to the Task Manager and close everything. At least, I didn't.
  2. Go to your Documents folder. Rename the Adobe folder as "oldAdobe" NO UNDERSCORE.
  3. Make sure you copy your ENTIRE card with all the folders and files to your hard drive. KEEP THE FOLDER STRUCTURE INTACT! VERY IMPORTANT! I was only copying over the media, itself, because I had several other projects on that same card and I only wanted to bring in the files I was going to be working on, but you HAVE to copy over the entire card to keep the folder structure intact, which also brings in the metadata for the files and makes the files READABLE to Premiere Pro CC 2015.
  4. In Premiere Pro CC 2015 go to your Media Browser and find the location where you saved the files & folders from your card. You should now be able to import any .MTS/AVCHD files you need.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know if this did or especially DID NOT work for you. I'm happy to go back to Adobe tech support and figure out how to fix any problems you have because they might be applicable to ME one day!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctucker1976 wrote:

FOR EVERYONE USING WINDOWS 8.1 OR LATER!

I just had a very nice chat with Adobe support about this issue.

IF you are using WIndows 8 or later, these steps will help make sure you can import AVCHD files.

1. Make sure you don't have any open adobe programs. You don't have to go to the Task Manager and close everything. At least, I didn't.
  2. Go to your Documents folder. Rename the Adobe folder as "oldAdobe" NO UNDERSCORE.
  3. Make sure you copy your ENTIRE card with all the folders and files to your hard drive. KEEP THE FOLDER STRUCTURE INTACT! VERY IMPORTANT! I was only copying over the media, itself, because I had several other projects on that same card and I only wanted to bring in the files I was going to be working on, but you HAVE to copy over the entire card to keep the folder structure intact, which also brings in the metadata for the files and makes the files READABLE to Premiere Pro CC 2015.
  4. In Premiere Pro CC 2015 go to your Media Browser and find the location where you saved the files & folders from your card. You should now be able to import any .MTS/AVCHD files you need.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know if this did or especially DID NOT work for you. I'm happy to go back to Adobe tech support and figure out how to fix any problems you have because they might be applicable to ME one day!

Thanks!

You have repeated what has been mentioned here numerous times (just scroll up).  Meanwhile the ultimate solution is for Adobe to fix this long-standing bug, yet they appear not to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIX (at least on my machine - Windows 7 Pro and Premiere Pro CC 2015):  Started getting this issue with all movie clip types, not just MTS

* Import the movie clip

* Right click on movie clip in the project window (usually upper left corner)

* Click Modify and then click Audio Channels

* Change 'Number of audio clips' to 2

* Click off of field, you will see 'Clip 1' and 'Clip 2' appear.

* Click left and right channel on Clip 2

* Click OK

* You can now add your clip to your timeline along with its audio portion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines