• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 lag

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have updated to the Premiere Pro CC 2017 update, the whole software is laggy, the preview is on the lowest possible quality and is impossible to edit with as it lags so bad. And rendering previews takes about 5 times longer too. The software was completely fine before the update and had no issue's. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Hi JackA,

Since i have updated to the Premiere Pro CC 2017 update, the whole software is laggy, the preview is on the lowest possible quality and is impossible to edit with as it lags so bad. And rendering previews takes about 5 times longer too. The software was completely fine before the update and had no issue's. Thanks

You have not returned to this thread or the forums at all in several months, so we don't know if you ever solved this issue or not. In the interim, since the post has not been m

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Long GOP is not great for editing but surley the source monitor should be able to play the clip.

Cineform proxies should be the first step for all H.264 media, regardless of resolution or machine specs.

Work offline using proxy media |

(And don't call me Shirley.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a sample clip of your "1080/50p .mxf (Sony FS5 50Mbps)"?  I would sure like to try it i my two computers to see what results I get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, here is the link.

When I played this clip in the Source monitor today, with the Modify > Interpret footage > frame rate set to 50fps,

the computer dropped 145 frames.

Threadripper 1950x (16core)

Taichi X399

MSI GTX 1080Ti 11GB

64GB RAM

M.2 Samsung 960 Pro (Boot)

M.2 Samsung 960 Pro (Scratch)

SSD Project files

WD Black for all vision

Windows 10 Home

Thanks

Mark

Hightail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just able to play it from both the source - and dropped onto a new sequence in the program monitor, both without frame drop. It looked like there might be 3 or 4 dropped frames using VLC? OK, just found that info, VLC dropped 3 frames.

i7-6850

64gb

playing from m2 boot drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I believe it has to be a Ryzen Threadripper/Premiere problem. It's seems Intel does not have the same playback problems from what I have read. Even my 2010 MacPro will play these files with Lumetri turned on and not drop a frame. Hopefully Adobe can get this sorted, I just paid my Adobe subscription... now $101 AUD per month!! Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill's the person with the most in-depth understanding of how the hardware plays the software around. That test he talks of is a short PrPro project file in a zipped folder, with the media/assets and a couple logging applets.

Install the loggers, create a new project with the included project file, and simply ... export.

The loggers watch as the system is worked by the various segments of that sequence, and give hard data on where & when things flowed ... and didn't flow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, I just dropped your clip into a new project on this laptop and set playback to full resolution and absolutely no lost frames.  This laptop is a simple 4-core i7-4700HQ with 24 GB of RAM and two simple SATA III SSD's.but it is well tuned.  It has a GTX 765M GPU but it only shows about 15% usage.

I am confused by "Source monitor today, with the Modify > Interpret footage > frame rate set to 50fps,this statement "  Could you be actually be using the Program window that has the dropped frame indicator.  When I dropped the frame into the timeline it automatically created a 50fps sequence.

What does this mean?  "WD Black for all vision"

I suggest you test your system with my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) to see how it compares to other comparable systems I would guess you need some real tuning which I may be able to help with your submission of the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My edits are in a 25P timeline. When I film at 50P I set the frame rate of clip (in the bin) to 25p so it plays in slow-mo in the timeline/source monitor. The WD Black= My vision sits on Western Digital Black HDDs. Even if I drop the vision onto the M.2 boot drive, playback is no better. Pulling my hair out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I have tried the benchmark before but get stuck at "run StatisticsppbmX-v3.vbs" I know it's the "Statistics PPBM12.vs" file that I have to run but have no idea what to open it with. Help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark'

It should just open with the Microsoft Visual Basic tool.  Try just ckicking on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,when I double click on it this window should appear:

\

And looking at Task Manager you would see this App appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no fix. It's Adobe's engineering.. Sad to say I have an iMac Pro maxed out and Phantom 4 Pro footage lags, it's a joke. I can run the same footage on my 2015 MacBook Pro on final cut and it runs like butter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's safe to say that Apple has things juiced to run FCP-X. Which one can say is unfair, but ... well, it's their OS, their app, ok.

I've known of colorists with mega-machines running Resolve who won't touch drone media that's not been transcoded into a professional DI format & codec, as the super-long-GOP media out-of-camera doesn't play well on their high end machines.

And others who've not had that much issue. Including a few people running PrPro on a fairly budget machine that ran long-GOP just fine.

That said, there's very little media that's harder for playback in an NLE than the stuff you're working. Those same colorists who transcode all long-GOP handle 6/8k media from RED, Arri & such without issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but really all your saying is excuses for Adobe. Fact is, on a computer like I have it should run no problem at all, whatsoever. Adobe needs to work a little harder like Apple then I guess to figure out how to make things run a lot smoother and "more juiced". Just my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the company making the OS sets up the OS and an app to match, and doesn't share the data/hooks, then ain't scratch any other company can do on that OS.

Which is not to say Adobe shouldn't push their own performance on that OS at all.

Just recognizing that a "juiced" OS/app connection isn't something anyone else can touch.

And that's what Apple has done with "house" apps from the beginning.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence...Render Effects In and Out solved it for me. Pay attention to the color of the RENDER LINE located beneath the sequence timeline. If it’s Red it’s going to lag. You can correct it by simply selecting RENDER EFFECTS IN AND OUT in the sequence settings. That should smooth it out for ya....You can also select individual clips to render By choosing RENDER SELECTION in sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines