Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 "Adaptive Noise Reduction" Effect

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you use this new tool?

I have audio in a sequence. I drag the effect on the clip. When I hit play, there is a 2-4 second lag as the Adaptive Noise Reduction Effect goes "into effect". 5 seconds into the clip, I have noise reduction, but the first 4 seconds warble. If I move my playhead to any other part of the clip, the warble appears again (even if fixed momentarily before) for another lag of 2-4 seconds.

When I export the sequence, every cut I've made in the sequence warbles as the Effect lurches into effect.

I cannot find any information on this tool, and every search leads me to a discourse on Adobe Audition or CS6. The Chat support function has no other answer but to send me to the summary of new features again (New features summary for the 2017 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC)

Please help. This looks like a cool new/updated feature, but either I must be doing something wrong, or it's flawed.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!  I'm not sure what the problem is, I can't get to function properly.  I feel like there is going to be some sort of "render" button and this will seem like a dumb question, but until then, I'm with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. The effect doesn't kick in until a couple of seconds into the audio clip. Is there a way to fine tune when the effect actually begins to take effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys!

I'm new actually with this Adobe forum. And this might not quite the answer to your question. In short, I'm not an expert audio/video editor.

I was wondering how adaptive noise reduction works, too. And earlier today, I was fooling around with it. And found something that made me smile. It was "Signal Threshold". By default, it is set to 5dB. If you raise it to (in my case) 18dB, it reduces the time of the effect to "kick in". Now, you gotta find the sweet spot. That's all.

But then again, I'm not a professional video editor, especially when it comes to audio. So, I don't have the explanation of why this and that. So someone, feel free to correct me. Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Diyotama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does shorten the time, but doesn't make this tool any less useless. Under no circumstances would it be acceptable to have a few frames of noise at the beginning of every audio clip. I would love someone from Adobe to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh, I've been having the same problem and it is super frustrating! Especially when you have many little clips and it's every other few seconds. Have you tried nesting the audio sequence and then adding the effect? I found this to work sometimes but definitely not every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, Premiere added this feature in the CC 2017 updates I believe. Adaptive Noise Reduction, Dynamics Processing, and Parametric Equalizer are three new effects that have been transplanted from Adobe Audition to Adobe Premiere. If you look up the Audition help files for them, you'll find the exact same effects, parameters, and behaviors and descriptions of how to use them. Click here: Noise reduction techniques for Adobe Audition CC.​ Also, here are links for Parametric EQ and Dynamics Processing if anyone needs them. All three are very nice effects and blow some of Premiere's old features out of the water.

Adaptive Noise Reduction: Noise reduction techniques for Adobe Audition CC

Dynamics Processing: Amplitude and compression effects in Adobe Audition

Parametric Equalizer: Use filter & equalizer effects with Adobe Audition

Why these help files haven't been added to the official Premiere help, I do not know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Adaptive Noise Reduction a very powerful and effective tool, but with the problems pointed out above.

Having read the useful link to the noise reduction techniques in Audition i went back to the rushes of the noisy interview I was editing and applied the effect to each good take, which all had "clean noise" prior to each section of dialogue.  I then exported the audio of each take and re-imported it back into the project.  It was a pain to marry it all up but the results were worth it.  In future i will noise reduce prior to starting the edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the effect with an audio buffer to the entire length of the audio file in a timeline. (Make sure there's that buffer before your dialog starts) then right click, unlink the audio and video files if you have too & then right click the clip and hit render and replace to bake it in. No more effect in and outs at every cut, your audio is improved and ready to edit, but granted it helps to do this before you start editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did this and it had no effect. I applied Adaptive Noise Reduction to my audio layer, then made cuts to the clip and wherever there are cuts the background noise jumps up again for 2 seconds before settling back down. I tried moving the audio clips to separate layers and extending them two seconds before the start of the actual audio (using volume keyframes to keep the volume down until it is supposed to start) and that didn't work either. Then I tried this Render and Replace for each audio clip and it still didn't work. Every cut causes the background noise to come in again for 2 seconds.

The only thing that I have been able to get to work is to edit the audio in Audition, do the noise reduction there and save it back to Premiere Pro before doing any cuts. Then when I do cuts the noise reduction is already rendered so it doesn't have to reprocess it at every cut. This works great if you remember to do it before doing any cuts, but if you have already made your cuts you are out of luck. Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish there was a quick filter to remove this annoying "white noise" when I record voice overs.  With all that we pay for this amazing editing programs you think there would be 1) a better explanation why they made the old filters OBSOLETE and 2) Someone to help explain how we can fix our situations.

I tried the fixes above and found it quite annoying that the effect came in late and also that it really didn't fix the original problem...the background noise.

I know the Adobe Suite allows seamless integration between programs (PP - AE or PP - Aud) but I really just want to do it all in one program.

Still waiting...

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had success with this effect but its unfortunate reality seems to be that it is prone to warble/burble/bubble sounds unless it is applied lightly. So basically I've found if you let it leave a bit of noise (I usually choose the light preset, then change the noise reduction level down to like 7dB) it is effective at making noise much less noticeable. It's also much more effective if, at the beginning of the clip or track, there is  a short section of the noise only (room tone). It scans starting at the front I believe. Sometimes I put a bit of room tone just before the first dialog and it helps both set the scene and make Adaptive Noise Reduction work a bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

zo'r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines