Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro cc 2018 & 2019 freezes

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems with both premiere pro CC 2018 & 2019 and it started to accrue 3 days ago, before that everything ran smoothly on my computer.

After I had issues with the 2018 version I've decided to update to 2019 to hopefully solve the problem. 

The program suddenly freezes with no reason, I can still move the cursor and click on buttons but the source and program monitor are not working. In different cases, it will show me "media pending".

After that, I need to close the program but it won't close until I close it manually from the task manager.

My computer:

Lenovo legion y720

I7

16G RAM

512SSD (The project is on the computer after I thought that maybe the problem is related to my external hard disk)

Geforce 1060 GTX (I've updated the drivers)

I've tried to find a solution online and I couldn't find any, This is a huge problem for me because I'm wasting a lot of time on restarting the program more than 10 times a day.

Thanks,

Ron

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Hey, after pulling my hair out I finally found a version of settings that work flawlessly. The problem for me sounds like it was related to insufficient RAM speed(not capacity) and a weird codec used for my source files. SO I did the following:

Installed HandBreak, and whatever source files from my camera I have, I converted to MP4, Web Optimized, Aling A/V Start on the Vimeo Youtube HQ 2160 p60 4K preset with the Fast Decode checkbox on Video tab active. 

After that, I went into Task Manager an

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Ron, the OP on this post was helped and his issue was solved some years ago. If you have a similar problem, please create a brand new post with details about your computer system, workflow, and media (what camera you shot the material on and the codec you are using, helps!)

This post is now locked.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines