• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 constantly crashing

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first time poster who's hoping someone can help me out.

I've used Premiere for the last 3 years without any problems, but over the last week it's begun constantly crashing. I can get about 5 minutes out of it, before the serious error message. The log's below, and what I've done to try and combat is:

Reset Preferences

Cleaned Media cache files

Opened a new project, and imported the old one in

Uninstalled and reinstalled it

This has been a problem with the 2017 version, and the 2018 one I upgraded to yesterday.

My MacBook Pro's specs are:

Retina, mid 2014

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16gb Memory 1600 MHZ DDR3

Graphics: NVDIA GE Force GT 750M 2GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

The footage is just 1080p, so nothing too taxing, and with no effects. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

This is the full log:

Process:               Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 [1296]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Identifier:            com.adobe.PremierePro.CC12

Version:               12.0.0 (12.0.0)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 [1296]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-10-19 18:12:41.363 +0100

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13 (17A405)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        62F30C99-8942-1B1D-9A30-3694040A50FD

Time Awake Since Boot: 2000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        100  Dispatch queue: opencl_runtime

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4

Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

Application Specific Information:

*** CFRetain() called with NULL ***

Thread 100 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: opencl_runtime

0   com.apple.CoreFoundation      0x00007fff4d64b222 CFRetain + 114

1   com.apple.GeForceGLDriver     0x00007fff482a646d 0x7fff47fa9000 + 3134573

2   com.apple.GeForceGLDriver     0x00007fff482a55b0 0x7fff47fa9000 + 3130800

3   libGPUSupportMercury.dylib    0x00007fff65daef11 gldLoadTexture + 194

4   com.apple.GeForceGLDriver     0x00007fff482c0d02 gldLoadTexture + 223

5   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bea783 0x7fff55bb5000 + 219011

6   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bf1449 0x7fff55bb5000 + 246857

7   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bd436d 0x7fff55bb5000 + 127853

8   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bd79fc 0x7fff55bb5000 + 141820

9   libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74bf2f64 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

10  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74c0742b _dispatch_queue_serial_drain + 635

11  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74bfa30e _dispatch_queue_invoke + 373

12  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74c08117 _dispatch_root_queue_drain_deferred_wlh + 332

13  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74c0bef0 _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 880

14  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff74eb6033 _pthread_wqthread + 980

15  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff74eb5c4d start_wqthread + 13

Model: MacBookPro11,3, BootROM MBP112.0142.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.19f12

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro, Intel Iris Pro, Built-In

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, PCIe, 2 GB

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54343147533641465238412D50422020

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54343147533641465238412D50422020

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x134), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.37.0.1a1)

Bluetooth: Version 6.0.0f7, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0

PCI Card: pci1b21,612, AHCI Controller, Thunderbolt@196,0,0

PCI Card: pci1b21,612, AHCI Controller, Thunderbolt@11,0,0

Serial ATA Device: APPLE SSD SM0512F, 500.28 GB

Serial ATA Device: HGST HDS724040ALE640, 4 TB

Serial ATA Device: HGST HDS724040ALE640, 4 TB

USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus

USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 17.1

Thunderbolt Device: G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt USB 3.0, G-Technology, 1, 7.2

Thunderbolt Device: G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt USB 3.0, G-Technology, 3, 7.2

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018
I just finished chatting with Adobe Chat support.  I was having a similar issue.  Per my chat, seems like there is an issue with NVIDIA graphics cards that they are working on fixing.

Amit: This is an issue going on with the NVIDIA graphics card

Amit: (21:41:29) You said:

Amit: I will recommend you to please use the metal option for a while

They had me switch my render engine from OpenCL to Metal and it seems to have fixed my problem...at least for now.  He stated that there should be an update pus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed several feels like it's falling on deaf ears as most CC products have been updated apart from Premiere, Media Endcoder and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have same problem for a couple of months.

I tried everything that Kevin-Monahan​ mentioned and it fix nothing

Now both CC 2018 and 2017 are crashing right after I create or open any project, before I had 5-10 minutes to save my file. All my deadlines are really dead now and I really want to work with Premiere not any other software.

Is anyone get it fixed on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished chatting with Adobe Chat support.  I was having a similar issue.  Per my chat, seems like there is an issue with NVIDIA graphics cards that they are working on fixing.

Amit: This is an issue going on with the NVIDIA graphics card

Amit: (21:41:29) You said:

Amit: I will recommend you to please use the metal option for a while

They had me switch my render engine from OpenCL to Metal and it seems to have fixed my problem...at least for now.  He stated that there should be an update pushed out at the end of the month (Amit: A new update will come at the end of this month) that will fix the problems with OpenCL.

Just in case you need assistance in changing your render engine.

File>Project Settings>General>Video Rendering and Playback

Hope this helps.

-SD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, you've just saved my day!

Now it seems to work on new projects, but I can't have enough time to change video rendering in previous projects because of instant crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, SD, for the report. We'll mark your answer as the correct one, unless AlexS returns and switching to Metal does not solve his issue.

For Mac users that are having continued issues after switching to Metal on NVIDIA GPUs, please consult the following blog post: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

For others that do not have NVIDIA GPUs and are crashing on Mac while working, or are crashing while working with Windows computers, please create a new post so we can assist you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

METAL Worked for me! using .mts files that constantly crashes with cross dissolves and trimming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am operating a Late 2013 Mac Pro with High Sierra 10.13.2

Graphics card : AMD Firepro D300 2 GB

I am having an issue with Adobe Premiere CC 2018 freezing while I am working int he media browser scrubbing footage.

It presents a spinning ring of death. the only solution is to force quit the application

I have tried the following:

-Switching to Metal render engine.

-Change the permissions & sharings to read & write

Please advise. This issue is new to our workflow, and appears to have randomly begun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem. Came here looking for any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constantly crashing when entering time into caption setting. After changing Project setting I faced no problem during last hour instead of every minute!

Premiere gewijzigde setting.JPG

Changed into Software Only. Hope it will help you guys as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem since the latest Premiere update. Since then Ive had 3 remote support seasions with Adobe support. Only the third agent found what seems to be the issue and apparently its working with a second monitor. Theres been a similar issue in a recent version of Premiere with an external monitor connected to current USB-C Type Macbook Pros. That issue was apparently fixed. But now its having my older Apple Thunderbolt display connected as a second screen to my 2017 iMac 40GB 4,2Ghz with Radeon Pro 580 8GB GPU . The last Adobe agent I talked to suggested to try and disconnect it. After I did the problem disappeared. Ive submitted a bug report to Adobe. The second / external monitor issues with Premiere are getting ridiculous. Also still going strong and still not fixed is the tool switching delay issue. After running Premiere  for a few hours switching tools will sometimes make the spinning wheel come up and it will spin for up to 15 seconds before the tool switch happens. In general I prefer editing with Premiere, but compared to other editing software its pretty slow hence not making full use of the GPU still. I really hope Adobe gets its act together for Mac editors real soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using dual monitors, but I'm not on High Sierra yet. Sorry for the pain points.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here. If you find a solution, please post! I reinstalled OSX and the entire suite and PP froze on the first attempt with everything factory fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue only with a Windows 10 machine. Hopped on chat with Adobe support and they set Adobe Premiere Pro's "Compatibility mode" to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7." It seems to have fixed the problem as I was able to work for several minutes without it crashing yet when before it would only take a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
I was having the same problem.
I'm using a iMac 27" (late 2013) running OS X High Sierra (10.13.2).

I updated Adobe CC 3 days ago, but only today used it.
I faced the same messages, looked around for other solutions and decided to look for the chat (which was an adventure of it's own! Do you guys want us to contact you? Doesn't look like it... Anyway, your operator was cool and efficient! Kudos that!).

Finally, trough the chat support, i was asked to:
1 - clean cache (Premiere Pro>Preferences>Media Cache>Clean unused);

2 - change the render and video playback setting (File>Project Settings>Render and video playback> change to Mercury play back engine only).

And it's running!
Hope this is helpful.
(sorry for some bad spelling. I'm translating directly from portuguese to english. Not sure if the options are as I wrote, but they'll be close enough.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the latest update and everytime i try and start and open my existing project it dies

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 12.0.1.69, time stamp: 0x5a4defd6

Faulting module name: TDB.dll, version: 15.0.1.64, time stamp: 0x5a4dccae

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000040d73

Faulting process id: 0x3c10

Faulting application start time: 0x01d39c8d769cad96

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\TDB.dll

Report Id: cebca9ab-eb0b-4b1e-8ed4-bc2f86f0c0fb

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update, i was able to create a new project and import my project.  So something about the import must fix things up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Nvidia (Jan 29, 2018) driver update did nothing to correct the premiere constantly crashing problem. I'm paying a lot of money for software that crashes dozens of times a day. Have a deadline in two days that I'll never meet. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every since the last update of LR and PS (I keep my software updated) all it does is crash. My systems are brand new systems built to handle this software and photos.  Locks up  or crashes.  Getting sick of it.  I pay for this software and it should be working right.  It is so frustrating to have this happen.  Is there a fix for these issues or should I move to a new software this is ridiculous.   Adobe you have issues. I wish I never updated anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A helpful tool for diagnosing crashes is Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer app.  It's a part of the Pro Maintenance Tools.

With that said Premiere keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to tell anyone who comes across this post for answers I've been following posts like this for months, since the fall,  and it is very evident that the crashing issue on cc2018 is different for everyone. For me it had to do with Nvidia drivers that won't update and still hasn't really been solved, I've just learned workarounds. But for many people, it is some other unique issue. If you try the basic stuff to fix like cache and all the Adobe list of basic troubleshooting suggestions and still can't fix it I'd just call customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing problems galore. First while doing any audio tweaks. Called customer support and after an hour or so (where we emptied cache, changed rendere etc, It seemed  that updating the Cuda software was helping. But now, I am working on open captions and it is crashing constantly.

Caitin Manning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been having issues while assembling a short film in Premiere. Typically this happens on any given moment and completely at random. I had set my autosave to a 3 minute frequency and clear media caches older than 96 days. I also changed my scratch disks to a external drive that reads at USB 3.0 speeds which has more storage that what is available on my mac. I have lost 3 different variations of the same event and I don't want to proceed anymore with out the chance of losing more time.

MacBook Pro Mid 2015

Retina Display

16 DDR3L Memory

512 GB SSD

Intel HD Graphics With Nvidia Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way for me was to use the Adobe Media Encoder.

Just drop the premiere file in there and the exportwindow appears like in premiere.

Put in export infos, done!

I think Premiere CC18 is just not working properly but the encoder itself does.

Worked for me. (Premiere crashed 20 times before that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I have been having issues for a month with Premiere Pro CC 2018, and just wiped my system and did a clean install of El Capitan, and it solved the problem. If you are working on High Sierra, it is notoriously unstable and the APFS system seems to cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebooted, opened a project in Premiere, and did nothing but go to the "Project Settings" to change the render engine to "Metal" as suggested above in the message titled "correct answer".  When I selected "Metal" from the menu, the Mac crashed again.  This was the 6th crash today, each time while doing something different, or just while sitting there idle.  I have a 12-processor MacPro (mid-2010) running High Sierra, and the latest (2018) version of Premiere.

The best advice I have is: Save your project after every action!  This way when it crashes, you can go off to do something else for a while, and not lose any work.  I think Adobe (or the video card people) put the crash feature in as a way of getting us out of our chairs occasionally.  It's a feature, not a bug.

BTW, my Bridge and Photoshop crash as well.  I've tried turning off the graphics card acceleration, which seems to help somewhat with those programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines