• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 not recognizing AIFF files.

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Premiere Pro CC 2018 and now Premiere is not recognizing AIFF files without the extension in the name.

I'll launch my project. Some audio files will be offline. I will attempt to "Link Media" but if the file name doesn't have the extension in it, it will not recognize the file. There is the option in the Link Media window under Match File Properties to select File Extension but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

My quick fix was to add .aif to the offline audio files but most of my sound effects do not have the extension in the file names so importing is a problem.

Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug in the update? Premiere Pro CC 2017 didn't have this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Industry standard is Wave files with the .wav extension.  Might be worth the time to use that standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, that is an arrogant reply to a serious issue.  1) the question is not about aif v wav  2) if I want to use aif, don't scold me 3) PP screwed this one up with new,  unneeded, annoying requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what industry you are in Jim, but wav is not the standard, thats a PC thing. My issue is AE CC 2018 is no longer importing Aif files with markers that you embed in Audition, which makes syncing graphics a lot harder. 2017 did it. Why is Adobe so good at taking 2 steps back all the time on some things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure its a bug, you are experiencing Jim, Im finding all kinds of bugs in AE CC 2018, I wish i had never upgraded i might roll back. There is a huge memory from disk cache thing going on, where it displays cached versions of what you have done not what is current, you have to purge the disk cache constantly. and now you cant import meta data with an aif file, sucks, im starting to have a love/hate thing with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install the latest version of quicktime player - that solves the codec issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am also having this problem having updated to CC 2018. Trying to open an old project to do some changes and none of the imported aiff sound will reconnect as says it's not supported. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try my suggestion of installing latest version of Quicktime player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac and as far as I can see Quicktime player was last updated in 2010?

I have most recent versions of both Quicktime Player and Quicktime Player 7 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on PC

Put a support ticket in - my experience with the Adobe forums has never been great in getting an official response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIFF is listed as a supported file for Premiere
Premiere Pro CC supported file formats
So if it is not working - contact their support directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think you had a wrong number, sending me the message. I got not sweat with diff

Dennis Callan

www.tourvideos.com<http://www.tourvideos.com>

528-4411

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a royal pain in the ass because El Capitan 10.11.6 running Premiere Pro v 12.0 will not accept your video format.

That forces me to upgrade the OS to High Sierra, which cuts off access to all my Final Cut 7 movies.

Not happy.

Dennis

Dennis Callan

www.tourvideos.com<http://www.tourvideos.com>

528-4411

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the issue by renaming all my AIFF files with ".aiff" at the end of the name. You still must right click on the media and select "link media" to refresh it in the timeline.

I used a little used feature of OSX to batch rename lots of my AIFF files.  I went to the folder where all the old files were, selected them all and right clicked ... scroll down and select "rename XX files".  Once the dialog comes up, select add text in the selection box on the left and type in ".aiff" in the window on the right.

I agree it is unnecessary work, but at least you can solve this Adobe glitch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines