• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have updated the last version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 on my laptop last week, I'm no able to start anymore the application as the following notification window error pops-up:

THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION

I am kindly asking help to solved this issue because I've been searching this issue on the web and you tube with no possible solution till now

I thank you in advance

Best regards

Logan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. A bug is filed and the issue is under investigation.

Currently, the known workarounds are:

1. If the system is configured with Nvidia card, disable it.

Steps: Go to Device Manager > Display Adapters.

Right click on Nvidia and disable it.

Once done, try to launch Premiere Pro.

2. Revert back to previous version of Premiere Pro.

Steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status of the fix? I'm having the exact same issue.

It has also completely broken Character Animator (CA)!

You can't export from CA through Media Encoder if Media Encoder is also broken! Older versions of Media Encoder, which I have, won't import the CA file!

This is crazy! NVidia is a very common card. Adobe raises the price and lowers the QC? Seriously?

NFO File: Link

EDIT: Disabling the NVidia card allowed both Premiere CC 2018 and Media Encoder to run correctly - so it is clearly this issue. Also - when broken - dynamic link is also broken. This has been a huge waste of time and destroyed the CA workflow! It is not practical to produce any work without the graphics card enabled. Software render is too slow. (face palm)

FYI: I also uninstalled / reinstalled both PP and ME via the CC app before trying the device manager disabling method. Total. Waste. Of. Time.

This IS NOT AN ANSWERED/RESOLVED ISSUE BY ANY MEANS.

Sorry for the caps but there is no way it should say answered.

Did this get fixed in 12.1.1?

Bug fixes in Premiere Pro versions 12.1 and 12.1.1

Seems to be no mention of it in the notes. If not, why? Grrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Same Issue here on my Lenovo Flex 3

When I disable the NVIDIA Geforce 920M I can open Premier Pro, and After Effects and Media Encoder

I have even updated and down graded the nvidia drivers with no luck while the GPU is enabled.

Display is: Intel HD 5500 with a Geforce 920M GPU

As mentioned above with out the GPU render is sluggish and painful

[System Summary]

Item    Value   

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional   

Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601   

Other OS Description     Not Available   

OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation   

System Name    BRENT-FLEX3   

System Manufacturer    LENOVO   

System Model    80JM   

System Type    x64-based PC   

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)   

BIOS Version/Date    Lenovo BDCN71WW, 03/08/2016   

SMBIOS Version    2.7   

Windows Directory    C:\Windows   

System Directory    C:\Windows\system32   

Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1   

Locale    United States   

Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7601.24094"   

User Name    BRENT-FLEX3\Brent   

Time Zone    Pacific Daylight Time   

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB   

Total Physical Memory    7.91 GB   

Available Physical Memory    2.93 GB   

Total Virtual Memory    15.8 GB   

Available Virtual Memory    10.5 GB   

Page File Space    7.91 GB   

Page File    C:\pagefile.sys   

Brent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Vinay I was just notified you marked Dan's reply with info helpful, but not mine, which sounds like you are rewarding those that don't complain that this $600/year product does not work and Adobe fails to provide decent support when they break it, as this thread, and many others, prove beyond any doubt.

You also have failed to provide any indication what is being done to fix it.

Again, this is a defective $600/year tool Adobe sold us and we are paying while it is not working.

It is not the only application: Media Encoder and After Effects are also broken, and Character Animator, for all intents and purposes, is broken too.

The notification I cited proves you been to this thread, why have you or another Adobe staff member not updated us?

And changed this thread's status to unanswered from the false answered state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

If I can help...

I have the same issue on my laptop Dell Precision M6800.

AE, PR and Media Encoder are broken... I don't use Ch.

To solve this, I have modified the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel in 3D programs settings.

I have selected "Integrated graphics" in "prefered graphic processor", not NVIDIA.

After, the applications must start normally.

Moreover, in the app, we can choose the NVIDIA (cuda) to work and renders.

You can try it in waiting the Adobe or NVIDIA fix.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed to "integrated graphics" and it didn't make a bit of difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! This issue is still not resolved by Adobe at this point. Was only advised to disabled NVIDIA driver but it causes the external display not working when laptop is connected via dock station. I agree as to why the support team or Adobe team in general can't provide an update on this. I did request from their support team to give us the ETA and they can't even give me an answer to that either. It seems their managers can't even get this communicated to their staff let alone the customer. Very unprofessional in my opinion. My real concern is also because we pay so much and get a sub-par service, this is not OK and customer shouldn't feel the need to settle with less than what we paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick tip: once you have started your adobe program you can enable the NVIDIA driver again. I have done it with AE and so far it hasn't crashed. Don't know why the driver is only causing problems when starting the adobe program tho... really weird.

Edit: Premiere works normally for me probably because i didnt update it yet, but when i try to import an AE file to Premiere i have to disable my driver again. This is driving me nuts :c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My zipped .nfo file is at http://quantum.bu.edu/DanDillStageRoad.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only problem is that if you have external monitors connected to a dock, they both go black!  Laptop screen was still okay, so I had to undo the disabling of the NVIDIA and reboot! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this question. I am having the same issues as well. I am hoping more people draw attention to this issue.

I am running the Intel/NVidia Graphics card with the latest driver.

I have reinstalled the previous revision of Premiere and dealing with many issues with exporting videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an NVIDIA Quadro M1000M graphics card and Intel HD Graphics 530 card running on a Dell Precision 7510 Laptop with Intel Core i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.7GHz with 32GB RAM Windows 7 Professional.

I don't have administrative access to my machine but I'll attempt to bypass the GPU and attempt that workaround when I'm working with tech support to solve this issue.

@peterk95180104 I am also dealing with a ton of video glitches in the previous version of premiere (12.0.0) when I reverted back. The effects I had generated in After Effects using dynamic link were unaffected so I linked all the clips in my sequence to AE and exported without glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue after the upgrade. Hoping for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using 12.0.1 ok for a few days and now today I got this same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question has been marked as answered, but its only a work around solution and has not solved the issue. Does this mean Adobe Staff will ignore this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helpful if you already had to upgrade your project to work in 12.0.1 and it is not "backwards compatible" with 12.0.0.  I have a video I'm trying to complete for Tuesday and was going to work on over the weekend and unable to open what I've done previously. Now I'm in panic mode!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to make this even stranger. When I was in the office today, I was able to open and use Adobe Premiere Pro 12.0.1. Now that I'm working remotely at home, I get this error. What would be causing this?  Is there something maybe with the corporate privileges for our office?  That seems strange to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with Premiere Pro and Encoder so I went back to the previous versions for both

I have:

Dell Laptop, Precision m3800

Windows 7, 64 Bit

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory: 16 GB

Two graphics systems: I use the NVIDIA Quadro K1100M because it has the GPU acceleration for the Mercury playback engine, makes editing workable compared to the onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600! Disabling the Nvidia card for PP and encoder is not an option.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has no replies from an Adobe staffer the entire business day? Shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Failure to start Premier Pro means I cannot get INFO from it. However, here is a snip from the INFO reported by Lightroom:

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 388.75

Renderer: Quadro M2000M/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Total Video Memory: 4096 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ReeFiz posted instructions on how to get all the system info Adobe needs:

To do this, search "System Information" from your Start Menu. Select System Information. This will bring up a System Information window. Select FILE, SAVE and save the NFO file. Because you cannot attach a file to these replies you need to upload it to Dropbox or similar and provide the link to Vinay. Ensure you ZIP the NFO file first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this here.

Can somebody help troubleshoot this issue before they apply solution from NVIDIA Control Panel which removes CUDA renderer?

Please open Command Prompt and type:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018\GPUSniffer.exe"

Press Enter

Please paste the output as a reply here and let me know if you got a crash dialog. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018> .

GPUSniffer testing 254

--- OpenGL Info ---

Renderer: Quadro 2000M/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 1005.2.622.2011

GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Monitors: 2

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

Monitor 1 properties -

Size: (1920, 0, 1680, 1050)

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: Quadro 2000M

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 2.1

Driver: 5

Total Video Memory: 2048MB

* Not chosen because of old driver.

PS C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dima,

No crash dialog. Below is the output.

Cheers. Steve

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018>GPUSniffer.exe

GPUSniffer testing 254

--- OpenGL Info ---

Renderer: Quadro K3000M/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 391.33 23.21.13.9133

GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Monitors: 1

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 2 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: Quadro K3000M

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 3

Driver: 9.1

Total Video Memory: 2048MB

OpenCL Device 1 -

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Vendor: Intel

Capability: 1.2

Driver: 1.2

Total Video Memory: 1297MB

* Not chosen because of insufficient compute unit count.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a DM with my gpusniffer results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perhaps a more specific fix (work around really) than the one marked as correct... it provides actual version numbers!

While they have failed to respond in the forums with concrete solutions, there was a resolution posted to Twitter by Adobe support that worked for me and I will leave here to help others:

"...the bug is filed for Premiere Pro 12.1 & After Effects 15.1 versions. You can install Premiere Pro 12.0.1 and After Effects 15.0.1. Also, install the same version of Media Encoder for compatibility."

So fellow sufferers, give that a try! You would have thought they'd have sent someone in here to spread the word but of course they didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines