• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.3 still shows the 13.0.2 message of "could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to load both the 13.0.2 and the 13.0.3 versions of Premiere Pro as both display the message "could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." Is not an issue with 13.0.1 version, which I have installed in the meantime. A similar thing happens with lastest After Effects, too. SImilar issues arised in the recent months so I ask again as I'm unsure if there's a workaround besides keep using the older version.

• Computer: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc5xx
  • Processer: Intel Core i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

I solved it. While there's indeed some kind of pattern on the last two versions of Premiere Pro as I see the same problem happening to other people on the forums, it is still related to a GPU problem. In my particular case (which may adapt for your needs), I have an HP laptop with an Intel and a Nvidia card. I also noticed that for some reason the OpenCL processor and its Photoshop-related options were absent from the Adobe CC software, despite working sometime before, so I did a little research

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to do what the message says: update videodriver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and update via the manufacturer of the video card and not via Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With some major brand laptops, that's not possible. For example, some major brands use proprietary, brand-customized drivers and will not accept the GPU maker's drivers at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please try the steps mentioned in this article and check if it helps.

Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it. While there's indeed some kind of pattern on the last two versions of Premiere Pro as I see the same problem happening to other people on the forums, it is still related to a GPU problem. In my particular case (which may adapt for your needs), I have an HP laptop with an Intel and a Nvidia card. I also noticed that for some reason the OpenCL processor and its Photoshop-related options were absent from the Adobe CC software, despite working sometime before, so I did a little research an noticed that it could be related to the Intel card and not just Nvidia. For some reason, while my Intel drivers where the lastest, they weren't the HP mandated version which was older, so I downloaded the installer from the HP website and now the lastest version of Premiere Pro, After Effects AND the OpenCL feature in Photoshop works, along with the the OpenCL engine at the Media Encoder as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines