• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Crashing After Importing Media

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built my first PC a couple a weeks ago for the sole purpose of editing with Premiere Pro CC, but every time I import any media and try to use/view it, the program crashes. As long as I don't import, the program doesn't crash. After I import, it will crash regardless if it's a still image or video.  I even tried loading the "Eagles_Doc_Final" project that Adobe gives, as practice and that will crash immediately, since there is media already imported.

I am about to start an assistant editing job at my work and I need to start training at home with Premiere since I've only used Final Cut in the past.

My System:

Premiere Pro CC Trial Version - I really want to buy a membership, but i cant even get it to work. 

Windows 7 Home Premium - Made all updates using Window Update.

Processor - Intel Core i7 4790K - Drivers updated using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H - Bios is version F5. There is a F6 and F7 update, but not sure if this would be needed?

GPU - None - I am waiting to see how fast Premiere Pro CC is without using a GPU for acceleration. I read I didn't need a GPU to run the program. Is this correct?

This is the error I get...

"Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working"

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version: 8.1.0.81

Application Timestamp: 5426694c

Fault Module Name: devenum.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.6.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bded7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000000016a0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: ec5a

Additional Information 2: ec5adb2545b190cc19da7bdfa78d5bf1

Additional Information 3: 52eb

Additional Information 4: 52eb6b5eb5247c23714f771b797ebaa7

and this is the application error from the Event Viewer.

General

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.1.0.81, time stamp: 0x5426694c

Faulting module name: devenum.dll, version: 6.6.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bded7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000016a0

Faulting process id: 0x1114

Faulting application start time: 0x01d00202f06d1b2f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\devenum.dll

Report Id: 3bf56dba-6df6-11e4-9734-74d435e5c333

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would gladly appreciate it. I don't want to jeopardize anything with this new job because I couldn't get this working.

- JR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Hi jacobrivera68,

Before importing anything, go to File > Project Settings > General and change the GPU Acceleration to Mercury Playback Engine (software only) and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helpful but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem aswelll as i used to be able to render 4k clips almost instantly and now it says stuff like a hour. I am using a ryzen 1700x and Nvidia gtx 1080 and my drive that program is running on is a samsunbg 960 pro. Also i cant find any crash logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont undERSTAND

it doesnt work even when i do this

i try to upload the media to the sequence and then it crashes

anyway thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro I bought it in January 2018 and installed Adobe Creative Cloud. Everytime I try to upload videos in my project premiere pro crashes. I really do not know what to do and would appreciate any help!

I tried to go to File > Project Settings > General and change the GPU Acceleration to Mercury Playback Engine (software only) but it did not work out for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines