Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Crashing At The Splash Screen - OSX Mavericks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having difficulty using Premiere Pro CC as it won't allow me to get past the splash screen. I've just updated to OSX Mavericks and apparently Premiere is compatible with Mavericks. However it appears to be crashing at every instance that I load it up, it flashes the splash screen and it crashes, giving me an error report.

I am a new member to these forums, so I apologise if I am asking in the wrong area.

I have the crash report here from Apple.

Message was edited by: Kevin Monahan. Crash log in attached doc. Please don't copy/paste crash logs in forum posts, attach them as separate documents. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Ok despite almost daily updates from CC having no luck i seem to have SOLVED my crash on startup issue for now

For me at least the fix is to change the system region to ‘United States Computer’ And Pref Language to ‘English'

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.36.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

This... plain English (Not American, or Canadian, etc), and it seems you need to use United States (Computer)... works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having no luck with any of the new region / language settings.  For me it gets all the way through the splash screen and starts to load the project before it crashes halfway through loading the project.  Interestingly premiere worked for me initially when I installed mavericks.  But AE wouldn't open.  I installe dthe AE patch from adobe. And now I can't open premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's it! English, not U.S. English. That fixed it. Thanks.

Hope I can return to Canadian English soon, though... kind of sucks I have to change a system-wide setting to make Premiere happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to English (vs. U.S. English) also worked for me.  I have yet to install the patch.  Should I avoid it altogether now that things appear to be working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done everything mentioned here (changed language to English (and even tried US English), set my region to United States (Computer) (and even tried United States), unistalling, reinstalling, etc.) to no avail. I'm coming up on 9 hours doing this, and I need to find a solution.

I'm on a brand new iMac. Just brought all of my stuff over, updated CC through the downloader and now PP and AE won't open. Both fordifferent reason. PP just keeps crashing on the splash page, and AE says that it can't modify a folder.

What should I do? What do you need from me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week an adobe tech support member helped me through this issue.  Here's what we did and it has solved my issue from the post above.

go to User/documents/adobe/premierepro/7.0

Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 3.40.05 PM.png

inside this folder are two folders called 'Profile-Creative cloud-"  and 'Profile-username'

Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 3.43.29 PM.png

- Re-name both of these folders, they contain your prefs and stuff.  Don't trash them.  add _OLD to the end or something.

-reboot computer and relaunch Premiere.  It will create new versions of these folders with new prefs files.  You can then cherry pick the old folders and add back some of your settings and prefs if you must.  But my advice is to rebuild all that crap. 

This solved my problem.  I hope it helps with yours.

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JP, but it's not working. I only have one folder there anyway... Why do you have two? Am I missing some Creative Cloud piece?

Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 7.08.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/

Dump the media cache and media cache files.

other than that, I would contact Adobe and try and get some tech support on the phone. That’s what I did.

JOhn

www.putchfilms.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob: this could be a permissions problem. See this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5946766?tstart=30#5946766.

Do you have any plugins installed?

Exactly what version of PPro CC are you on? If you haven't installed 7.2.1, I recommend doing so.

If you haven't already done so, a search of these forums with the following search terms will give you plenty to read: Mavericks, Crash, Launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, I have two words for you.

THANK YOU.

That was a painful day, but, in literally four clicks, all is right wth the world. Thanks for the help Mark and John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of those who may come along later with a similar problem, what was the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely.

What had happened was, I had just switched over from my MBP 17" to a new iMac, and I guess Migration Assistant had changed my priveleges on a few folders (some of which I'm sure I'll find later). Two of the folders that PP and AE need to work were read only, and they needed to write. Anywy, I followed the instructions in the link you sent me (post #82) and it was all set!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching for a fix for this for awhile and I found the answer!! Hallelujah!!  So...go into your user library > application support > adobe and label the folder "old.adobe." Then go to user library > preferences > adobe and label that folder "old.adobe."  Then go to your documents > adobe and bring up the info...change all the permissions to read and write and in the settings drop down choose "apply to enclosed items."  Then select your documents folder, bring up the info, change the read and write settings again and choose the apply to enclosed items and WALLA!!! You're programs should work again!  Worked like a charm for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO WAYYY!

I have no words to say how much I'm thankful for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello lately I've been trying to install the trial version of adobe premire pro cc and I keep getting a windows message that does not allow me to install the program. I need help from one of you I tried many things nothing worked. bandicam 2015-06-20 15-14-40-287.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines