• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC WAY faster than CS6

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been using free video editing software for a while, but i decided to try out trials of Premiere Pro CS6, and then Premiere Pro CC 2015.

The weird thing i noticed is that Premiere Pro CS6 was way more sluggish than CC 2015, which was weird as CS6 had requirements of  4GB Minimum 8GB Recommended while the CC 2015 version has 8GB Minimum and 16GB Recommended, and my laptop (yes, a laptop. and a crappy one at best for video editing) has only 6GB of RAM.

The big diffirence was the render time for a 20sec video in 1080p30 with lumetri/3-way color corrector:

CS6 - 6:04

CC 2015 - 1:52

So I'm here to ask how is there such a diffirence between them, while the system requirements vary so much. Is it optimization? Or just a coincidence?

It's my first post, pls don't judge me...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheFilmmakingNerd,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums. The performance depends on various factors.

It is possible, CS6 version might be sluggish due to compatibility. The latest version of Premiere Pro is optimized and is compatible with the latest version of OS, drivers, and hardware.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it possible to even use 2015 as it is no longer available....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it a while back, and just kept it waiting for its update (mostly because my pc is awful and can't handle newer versions of PPro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no updates for 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines