• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOPS.  Spoke too early.  PP2018 ran for most of the week and then quit on us again,  today.  Tried rel-oading software - still not opening. Tried deleting caches, tried re-loading  AdobeCC.  Works on our other mac - so far.

OS High Sierra 10.13.1,  3.4 GHz Core I5,   24 GB 1600 mhz DDR3 . NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Top of the line iMac Pro - unable to launch Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get this to work for like 3 hours... ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

I was able to get 12.1.1 to restart after I reloaded both the software and creative cloud. . but it didn't last long.   I ended up re-loading 12.0. It works fine.   Our other computer 12.1.1 still works with no problems.   Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in another thread I read to delete the 2018 library files.. which I did. AND then it started working. But not after I spent 2 hours installing and uninstalling. But the creative cloud login keeps crashing my machine, and now photoshop won't load properly. SO exhausting and awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been very quiet regarding this issue. Come on Adobe, let's hear from you. Please, just fix it..... thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I state the obvious.... I fail to see the wisdom of recommending a fix by installing a non-current version. My recommendation would be to fix the issue with the current version and post an updated (fixed) version. What do you think?? I love the Adobe suite of apps, but sometimes I find there's a bit of twisted logic from the powers at Adobe. It's like General Motors asking 2018 model owners to start driving 2017 models. Call me old-fashioned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with Adobe yesterday and they said there will be an update in "24-48 working hours" that fixes the issue with the program starting, keep an eye out.  .  Premiere 12.1, 12.1.1,  AE 15.1, 15.1.1, and ME 12.1, 12.1.1 do not work, I have had to roll back to 12.0.1 on Premiere, After Effects (15.0.1), and Media Encoder (12.0.1) for the apps to open.  It appears to only effect programs with video components as everything else is up to date and no issues so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kristih71946851  schrieb

I spoke with Adobe yesterday and they said there will be an update in "24-48 working hours" that fixes ....

Why check ADOBE there Software all time at the customer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue for me, this has not been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I’m having issues with the Adobe program. It’s not opening at all after the update. I’ve been working on a project for some time now and now I can’t access it.

Is there a way to Solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating past the initial 2018 stuff, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder started crashing on start. After struggling with this and looking at a bunch of threads and trying a bunch of things, I saw somewhere that someone mentioned disabling their GPU. I have a laptop with integrated Intel graphics and a discreet Quadro K3100M. I finally tried disabling the Quadro and things started right up. Only problem with that was I now had two large paperweights that were once screens on my desk. The laptop screen was the only one left working. A little more digging led me to the nVidia Control Panel. In the control panel under "Manage 3D Settings" you can go to a "Program Settings" tab. Under that tab you can select the Adobe application of your choice and "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program". Once I set it to "integrated graphics" for each program, they loaded up fine. I know this is a windows fix, but I hope that it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, ever since the last update PR stops at the splash screen and gives me and endless loading wheel. Just another in a long, long line of Premiere issues ever since the 2018 update. So frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curse you Adobe.  I’m on deadline- I’ve got to finish a short by 10 tonight and Premier won’t open.  The screen hangs and when I try to close the app it thinks it’s open.   This is not a hobby but if you can’t get something as fall off a log simple as the program starting every time I need it to I won’t be doing this for a living much longer.

I look through the potential fixes, only about two dozen to try, some on the level of heart transplant on a kitchen table.... not good, not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines