• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I was editing fine in Adobe 2020 without any issues. Now, when I try to launch the program, it says, "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." If I restart my computer, sometimes, the program will launch fine and I can edit. But most of the time, I get this error. And, it all started this morning without any recent updates that I'm aware of. And, when it closes out, my Mac OS says, "Adobe Premiere Pro" has crashed. Not sure what's happening. There was no change to my hardware.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi Larry,

Yeah, I understand the confusion. The posts here are a bit out of order. Short answer is to uninstall the Pegasus Utility. If you can locate a copy of the Pegasus Utility version 4.04.0000.30 or earlier, you should be able to install and use it without hitting the problem. Otherwise, just leave the utility uninstalled. The Promise developers and the Adobe developers are both looking at the problem to try to understand what's occurring when the Pegasus Utility is installed that is thwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mitch! I found out that force quitting process named promiseutil_bgpmain makes it possible to successfully run Media Encoder and Premiere. The process will relaunch itself in 5-10 secons, but in meanwhile you can start the apps properly. 

You have to force quit it twice.

Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 15.17.01.pngScreenshot 2020-02-14 at 15.15.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, and bad news. Good news is that I can back up one small version to 14.0, and the problem goes away. So, something in 14.0.1 is broken regarding this issue.

Bad news is that all of the projects I created in 14.0.1 (latest version) will not open in 14.0. I get the error saying, "Project was created in a newer version of Premiere.) It was 0.1! That's not a new version.

Anyways, something is seriously broken in 14.0.1. I'll try to stick with 14.0 for now. Hopefully, they'll figure it out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me installing 14.0.0 again didn't make a change.

Macbook Pro 2019 16" with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe staff member in the facebook group "Adobe Premiere Pro Editors on Facebook" has a workaround for this and will apply it if you post in that group. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up!!

But I'm not on facebook. Don't intend to join either... now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already raised this concern with the Adobe staff member in question and I did not receive a response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got on FB and found the post. There's a fix but it's still only a temp fix that adobe can do. No real solution at this point. Here's the posted solution:

SOLUTION: I had the pleasure of working with reps from the engineering/qc team at their invitation, who took a deep dive into this issue on my machine and was able to in 24 hours provide a work around solution. Watching them work to diagnose the issue kinda blew me away, incidentally, where I got to see first hand how Adobe tackles these issues, a decidedly different experience than what you get when you call support. There's a caveat or two, and they will be looking deeper into the root cause. It has to do with a process at launch getting stuck a load in loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Russel!
I wouldn't call that a "solution"... but hey.. at least it's being looked at 😉
I really hope they can provide a permanent fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Just to add that I am having the same issues, and I too have the 2012 trash can MacPro with a Promise Pegasus running version 4.04 Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.11.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! If been slogging through possible causes of the very same issue which seemingly arose out of nowhere. Hours on the phone with an Adobe rep, some time with Apple support and now finally someone has nailed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitch, I uninstalled the Promise Utility, but I'm still using Premier Pro 2019, because I'm hesitant in resuming the use of Premier Pro 2020 if it means I might lose work. I was wondering two things: 1) Has the fix you described right above been durable - can I move back to using Premier Pro 2020 without fear that I m,ay need to go back to 2019?; and 2) Has any progress has been made on the Promise Utility conflift with Adobe's products? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitch,

I've updated to 14.0.3 and it still won't launch. I can't understand how a known bug which prevents app from launch can't be fixed in a third update! This is nonsence! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brain_away,

Promise is working on a new release of the Pegasus utility which should address the issue. In the meantime, our recommended workflow is to uninstall the Pegasus utility and reboot. You shouldn't need the utility for day to day use of Pegasus. It is primarily for configuring the Pegasus RAID and most users don't need it after installing and running. Sorry this is taking so long (these sorts of things always seem to take longer than you'd think), but the workaround for the problem is pretty straightforward and should see you through until this is officially resolved through updated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have this exact problem on quite a few Mac's ranging from iMac Pro's, to Mac Book Pro's.  Most of them are on Adobe CC 2020 (PP 14.03) and macOS 10.14.6.

We have have tried setting permissions, downgrading to 14.0, and clearing preferences.  So far nothing has worked.  I see this post has been solved with an upgrade to the Promise utility.  We don't use, nor have we ever used a Promise RAID.  Are there other solutions we can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! - Promise released Pegasus32 Series Utility for Mac 4.04.0000.40 today which addresses this issue: 

https://www.promise.com/Support/downloadcenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know when they'll release the utility for the first Pegasus series product, Pegasus R4 and R6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I was wondering for weeks why my programs weren't working.  I would have never guessed in a million years it was promise pegasus.  I just updated to the latest version and that solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted Promise Tech Untility and all is good for now. Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last Promise Utility update, Premiere fially appear to run well. 

Working configuration: 

Promise Utility v4.04.0000.40 (C6)

Premiere Pro v14.0.3

iMac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mitch,

I renamed the Promise Utility "Promise Utility(doesnt work with PremierPro).app" and left it in Applications (Mac Pro 2019 16 C./256GB Vega II 1+8TB SSD).  I rebooted and Premier Pro started.  I guess I will have to manually start Promise and reboot before using Premier Pro in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry, 

I am repying to your answere regarding the Pegausus Utility / PP - Problem. 

It has been a while now, and i wonder if there´s a better solution available than complety avoiding the Pegaus Utility ? 

Is there any news on this from either Adobe or Pegasus.  Shouldn´t there be a user-friedly possibilty by now to run both applications on the same system. 

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Matt 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked for me was to simply update the pegasus utility to
the latest version. If there are still problems, then I'm not sure what
the answer would be.

Best,

--
*Sean Bodden*
*Creative Director*

*Telephone: +1-345-329-6399*
*Email: sean@kerfufflecontent.com *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had this issue today. Solved by updating Promise Utility to v4.04.0000.40.

Premiere Pro v 14.3.1

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.35.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines