• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes every time I open it

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Premiere Pro last week without issue. I had the 2018 version. Yesterday, I tried about 15 times to use it and it just crashes within about 60 seconds of opening it, I've sent several crash reports. I saw that there was the 2019 version available so i figured that might be my problem and I installed it, but had the same problem. I uninstalled, restarted, ran the Adobe cleaner, reinstalled.... nothing. Still having issues. I actually did the uninstallation process twice. All of the drivers on my computer are up to date, I have no idea how to determine what the issue is!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thecozycook,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. We will need more information to troubleshoot the issue. Please provide system specifications like OS, CPU, GPU and RAM. Also, are you getting any error code when the application is crashing and is the application crashing while doing something specific in Premiere or is it random?

Regards,

^SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response. The problem happens at random, I'm not able to really complete any actions in time before it crashes, the most I've been able to do is import a video and drag it to the sequence, but I had to do it fast and usually I can't even get that far, it's just crashing as soon as I open it. Here is the processor info:

HP EliteBook 8.40 G3

Windows 10 Pro version 1803

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)

Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6300 CPU @ 2.4 GHz 2.50 GHz 64-bit operating system x64-based processor

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Driver Model WDDM 2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try these steps and check if it helps.

Also, I would like to inform you that your system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for Premiere Pro CC (Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements). Premiere Pro CC requires a minimum of 16GB of RAM. We would recommend you to install at least 16GB of RAM on the system for Premiere Pro to work properly.

Regards,

SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Summeet! I just did both of those things and restarted and it still won't open for me without crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Please try to change the video renderer in Premiere Pro to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if it helps.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Also, is it happening with any specific project or all the projects?

Regards,

SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's just happening mostly before I can even open a project at all I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Sumeet,

I gave the latest suggestion a try and unfortunately updating the video rendering didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear of this issue yet, thecozycook? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

This issue has not cleared up, as I mentioned above. I just tried opening it again this morning and it just opened a crash report. I have sent several dozen crash reports but haven't received a response. I haven't been able to use premier pro since I reported this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, cozycook. Can you copy/paste one of those crash reports here so I can view it? Usually when you send in a crash report, there is no response. Sorry about that. You should also file a case with our support agents here: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of interest, your link is to v.13 specs. Weren't they were different under 12.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CozyCook,

Try updating Intel drivers; advice from our engineering dept.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I had tried that prior to opening the issue unfortunately. Thank you for trying! -Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also check that your permissions are set to "read/write"!

Preferences folder read-only error | Permissions issue

This document says it's for Illustrator but it works for all Adobe apps!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, my permissions are for read/write! Thanks for checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines