• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS4 4.1.0 is live

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is now available via AUM, and will be available soon on the Adobe.com updates page. The readme will also be posted at http://www.adobe.com/go/pr_readme_en, but until then, here's the info on the release (multi-lingual readme is also attached):

New in this release

• Additional support for REDCODE (please visit RED support for additional details).
  • Performance improvements to project load time.
  • Improvements to AVCHD support.
  • Performance enhancements for DV/HDV playback.
  • Support for Avid captured DV or IMX footage. (Please see www.adobe.com/go/kb409079 for additional information).
  • Export media to a still format now bypasses the AME render queue.
  • Enabled .VOB extension support.
  • Third-party support

Notable fixes

• All clips in last active sequence are no longer redbar when reopening project (#2278647)
  • Boris FX can get the clip dimensions for their filter setup dialog (#2274629)
  • CTRL+M is now the default shortcut for File‐>Export‐>Media (#2277908)
  • A bug that caused green frames in clips with 100% reverse speed applied has been fixed. (#2263918)
  • The last few frames of a time remapped clip are no longer rendered green (#2278907)
  • Adobe Premiere Pro can now open projects created in Adobe Premiere Elements 7. (#2267281)
  • ’Scale to Framesize’ on a clip in a sequence of matching frame size and PAR no longer causes the timeline to require rendering. (#2278908)
  • A bug that caused corruption in exported TIFF files has been fixed. (#252497)
  • Several issues with Adobe After Effects Filters and Track Mattes have been fixed. (#1882807,
  • #1876369)
  • Performance improvements have been made to Direct Manipulation (#2260316)
  • AVCHD 720p 30p are now imported correctly. (#2269541)
  • Relinking XDCAM EX clips that have been moved to a new directory is now more intuitive.
  • (#2272122)
  • A bug that caused fields to be reversed when rendering speed change on upper field first footage has been fixed. (#2260314)
  • A user can now copy and paste R3D footage from Adobe After Effects to Adobe Premiere Pro. (#1931580)
  • Several issues with effects that use track inputs, when the input track is a still have been fixed. (#2263816)
  • Playback performance of ProRes clips has been improved. (#2261047)
  • Playback performance of h.264 clips has been improved. (#1824690)
  • XDCAM EX clips no longer play one only audio track in the Source panel (#1929452)
  • A playback issue with Panasonic AG‐HMC150 recorded progressive AVCHD clips no longer causes application freeze (#2268148)
  • Blackmagic can now display titler output on external monitor (#2286733)
  • If a mapped drive is defined as the user folder for a roaming profile, Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes when attempting to write to the drive (#2291950)

Known issues

• Progressive 720 Sony AVCHD media files show an interlaced frame rate in Media Browser and Metadata panel.
  • AVCHD 1080p 30 and 25 progressive clips are interpreted as interlaced files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 projects.
  • If the work area end position is greater than the last frame of the last clip in sequence, then entire sequence is exported instead of work area.
  • Setting sequence-marks stops playback if the multi-camera monitor is open.
  • When importing QuickTime clips in AME’s batch queue for export, certain types of metadata (such as timecode) will not be propagated to newly generated clips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME CS4 4.1.0 is available. PR not yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just needs time to propagate. Both went live at the same time.

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wheels of propagation must have come to a grinding stop, even two hours after your original post, nothing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... When I run AUM it's telling me that there are no new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The readme is now posted at http://www.adobe.com/go/pr_readme_en

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheri... is this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/premierepro/releasenotes.html

The other link have a "," in the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

i am able to see Premiere Pro CS4 4.1.0 updates and i am able to download and install all updates on Win but it is failing on Mac. Has anyone else also come across same failure?

thanks,

Prateek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed just fine on my Mac. Two updates: Premiere Pro and Media Encoder 4.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got 331mb update. They waited till the last minute didn't they. prpro 4.1 AME 4.1 AE 4.0.2. Cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They waited till the last minute didn't they.

Josh, they knew it would be impossible to please you, so why bother trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, so far, so good.

After the install, Premiere came up all blank. "Not Responding" Closed & re-opened. Exported using LEAD MJPEG codec (like I've been trying unsuccessfully to do since October) and AME actually made it through the export!

Ae opens and still works as before - Composition\Make Movie .

I'll report more as I get to it.

Maybe now we can actually work instead of "workaround!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eddie Lotter wrote:

They waited till the last minute didn't they.

Josh, they knew it would be impossible to please you, so why bother trying?

No I'm actually fully pleased and really happy. Everything is working ten times faster I'm getting realtime playback even with magic bullet Looks 1080. 24pa problem fixed.

Just stating a fact, they did wait till the last minute.

Well I take that back....they didn't fix the 24pa problem in AE (my fav program ever) so yeah I griped by stating a fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh,

My calender shows May 29, here in sunny AZ. I'd say that "end of May" was made, though it did get a little close. Now, I hope that 24p was handled well. I want to start seeing some of those "happy" smilies on your posts now, and the ones with a big frown - come on, you can do it, let's turn that frown upside down.

Can't wait for all of the glowing reports to start flowing in.

Here's a big cheer for Adobe!!!!!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Josh,

My calender shows May 29, here in sunny AZ. I'd say that "end of May" was made, though it did get a little close. Now, I hope that 24p was handled well. I want to start seeing some of those "happy" smilies on your posts now, and the ones with a big frown - come on, you can do it, let's turn that frown upside down.

Can't wait for all of the glowing reports to start flowing in.

Here's a big cheer for Adobe!!!!!

Hunt

Is that enough smiley faces?

Hell you guys might not see me untill they screw up CS5. As far as I can tell every complaint I had was fixed. But think about it. A client promises you footage to end your project by the end of the month then put it up on the last possible workweek day of the month. Then yes they waitied till the last minute SO WHAT?????..

I don't care I was so happy to hear 24pa was fixed I would have been content if they held of the update for a few more weeks. Just stating a fact. guys. Didn't mean to knock Adobe I'm proud of them and very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is the problem with transitions on stills now fixed?

..sorry it says so in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoo hooo!  Go AVCHD!  Can't wait to finally be able to edit 21mbps 720p 30 footage recorded from my HMC150 without Premiere coming to a screetching hault.  Well at least that's what I'm hoping for with this update.  We'll have to see how much better PPCS4.1 performs with this particular format.  Crossing my fingers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah!  I'm downloading 408.8 MB minutes in about 15 minutes.  I gotta go get my Starbucks and I'll be right back to install and check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading now! Heck yeah!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone test the timewarp filter for me?  In that past version it would turn the video clip black.

I would test it but I am in the middle of a project and do not want to update until it is finished.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TC,

I just tested it, I am not sure I remember what your issues are.  I keyframed speed from 100% to 14% and opacity from 100% to 50% and it works as expected.  Hope that's good news for you!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but think that the problem with the time remapping occured when anyone reversed a clip 100%. Could someone check that out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple of tests that seem good.

I tried the HMC-150 footage that I had problems with before and they played back smooth.  They hiccupped on a 1 second dissolve between clips but otherwise played fine.  As the clip I used was a short downloaded clip, I would be interested to see how this plays in a real project, anyone?

Editing from DVD works great.  Not something I would generally do but I thought it was a cool idea.

So far everything else seems to be working as expected for me.

C

Oops, I had to add these for Hunt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had some problems getting the updates to install, on both of my machines (Vista x64, Business on one, Ultimate on the other). On both machines--including the one that I didn't mess with yesterday by installing the rogue update--I received "stopped responding" messages for both processcoordinationserver.exe and dynamiclinkmanager.exe. When this happens, the entire PPro installation gets borked, with only about 1/4 of the files showing up in the PPro folder. I was able to get the updates installed by uninstalling PPro (through the Control Panel applet), reinstalling PPro from the original install discs, and then checking for updates. The updates downloaded and installed OK at this time, though I haven't really had a chance to make sure everything works as it should.

I am a little bewildered why this happened on the system that I didn't muck around with. Perhaps it was because I initiated the AUM from AME, and those processes hadn't unloaded, or something? They weren't showing up in the Processes panel of the Task Manager, though. I'm a little disheartened by this, as I now feel that I'm going to have start over on BOTH of my systems. Hmm...

Anyway, thought I'd throw this bit of info out there, just in case anyone else comes up against the issue. Good luck, all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there were a couple of hiccups with network nodes last night but it's been resolved. We'll look into it again this morning to make sure we don't see any issues.

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines