• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 Constantly Crashing

Explorer ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the worst time using Premiere Pro CS6.  The program is constantly crashing, saying it has encountered a serious error and has to close.  This is happening during the most basic operations like scrubbing the timeline or pressing play.  I am using footage strait from my Canon 7D (h.264) with no effects or filters.  I have all the latest updates to the software and my computer.  No other programs are open during these errors.  I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro i7 8GB RAM with AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB and OSX 10.7.4. 

I wanted this to be an alternative to FCP 7, but so far it is not working out.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe Adobe was wrong in recommending the card. Drivers are current, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Everything is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, I just crashed...  I shouldn't have said anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard what I said about 6.0 not having the problem.  Multiple Serious Errors.  I will PM a crash log to Wil. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a good thing to do at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone emailed a crash log and gotten a response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have.  The good news is that the actual engineers are looking into it, and not getting bogged down with clueless tech support.  The bad news is that nothing jumped out immediately as the specific culprit.  Wil has been generous in his responses, but it looks like the crash logs submitted by me and Aarondroid are not very similar.  They are looking to recreate the issues on their machines in a more controlled environment.  But, the bummer is that it looks like there is no solution right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, because Adobe asked me for a crash log a week ago. I sent it, and all I hear are crickets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To where did you send it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct message, as was requested.  All my interactions are searchable by clicking my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genefama,

Can you please send a copy of your crash log to Wil (he posted earlier in the thread)  He has looked at a couple logs from me and one from aarondroid, and another can help him hopefully see a pattern.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, or I'll send my next crash.  I tried before to forward a direct message on this site and came up empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He has been very responsive with me.  Hope it helps them see something and take care of this because it is such a show-stopper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might. But if they're working to debug CS6 on a larger scale they might not engage individual complaints until they have a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genefama, pls forward whatever crash log you had sent previously to me.  Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Wil explained to me, it's actually a good thing to send these reports - they are getting in the hands of the engineers that build the software, and this is much better than tying to navigate the tech support department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found something. If I collapse the timeline tracks so that I don't see any preview icon the crashing goes away. Has anybody else tryed this also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suspicion its to do with Dropbox and timemachine, when I stop both from running I hardly ever get crashes. I have a feeling it has to do with Premiere writing files to disk. Like I said it is a suspicion as I have done everything possible short of buying a new MacBook including calling Adobe support and re-installing Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ocube, I haven't worked on a project stored in my dropbox folder, but I run Dropbox and Time Machine all the time, without issue.

If you can provide specific steps to reliably reproduce a crash, please do so using the form, and the team will have a look:

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wil, I've had five or six kernel panics now since Friday and I'm in the middle of a huge series of outputs.  I have captured two crash reports I'm happy to send whereever.  I'm in bad need of help and don't want to jump back over into FCE to get all this done as I've finally got myself up to speed on all the tools in Creative Cloud and I'm quite thrilled with the product.  The crashes, however, are dampening my enthusiasm.  I've been to the Apple Store here in Dallas and they ran tests producing nothing.  I called Adobe Customer Service on Friday and all that guy did was tell me how to back up the project and tell me that Premiere Pro is a high-end product and it sometimes causes crashes.  I hope that's not standard training as it's not a satisfactory answer.  My ticket number was 183274410 if someone wants to thank the guy on the phone for his time and send him to work for AT&T; he'd fit right in over there with that kind of support.

Please help me.  I'm @daddyclaxton on twitter and if I have an email addy, I'm happy to forward these two crash reports to help give a better idea of what's going on with my system.  Both reports seem to cite an issue with CPU 2 or CPU 6, but I don't know what I'm looking at in all the techno speak.

Donny 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your hardware and software config?  Are you running 10.7.4?  Are you running with a CUDA-enabled card?  Does it make a difference if you are using GPU acceleration or Software Only on the Mercury Engine? Does it matter if you are running other apps that are using the GPU, such as watching video in Safari?

Are you getting full-blown kernel panics, or just error messages too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am getting full-blown kernal panics (requiring hard power cycle to unfreeze), "serious error", and "Premiere Pro has encountered an error". The last of which allows me to save, but keeps re-posting the error dialogue. The resulting "save" in this state is a corrupted PrP proj.

PrP projects seem to get corrupted just after I have dynamically linked  with After Effects and begin to tweak the resulting timeline in AE (masks, levels... regular stuff/no special plugins).

Haven't seen the kernal panic*** and "serious error"** since running Disk Warrior, but I have seen "Premiere Pro has encountered an error" repeating dialog after DW.

EDIT: I have seen all three crashes. It doesn't seem to be related to invoking dynamic link. I've also gotten it just by scrubbing in my timeline, or by switching render settings from "performance" to "memory"

Specifics:

"Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[/Volumes/BuildDisk/builds/tightykilt/shared/adobe/MediaCore/AudioRenderer/Make/Mac/../../Src/AudioRender/AudioPrefetch.cpp-87]"

SYSTEM:

Premiere Pro 6.0.1

Mac OS 10.7.4

MacPro5,1

32 GB Ram

PROJECT & MEDIA drive: Mercury Accelsior. Blackmagic Disk Speed Test: > 500 MB/s read/write

CACHE drive: Internal SATA Raid 0. Blackmagic Disk Speed Test: > 400 MB/s read/write

Nvidia Quadro 4000 Mac

CUDA Driver Version: 4.2.10

GPU Driver Version: 1.3.4.0 (270.00.00f06)

Cineform 1.2.0.127 codec installed for access to GoPro footage

FOOTAGE:

• h.264 from GoPro Hero 2: 720p60, 1080p30

• h.264 from Canon D5: 1080p30, 1080p24

• h.264 from Canon D7: 720p60, 1080p30, 1080p24

• ProRes 422 720p24 recompressed Hero 2 footage which is longer than 10 minutes to avoid sluggish response.

SEQUENCE:

• 720p24. I have tried both "no" compression, and DSLR PrP settings.

PROCESS AFTER CRASH:

• delete Premiere prefs. with Prefrence Manager Version 3.2.1 (3210)

• trash cache files

• repair permissions

• restart

• duplicate latest auto-save and try to avoid using dynamic link.

I want to start grading and vignetting in AE asap. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Benjamin

** Update. Serious error is back even after running Disk Warrior, trashing prefs, caches, and previews, etc:

Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project.

*** Update. Turning render settings from "performance" to "memory" was the last thing I did before a kernal panic initiated.

Message was edited by: Benjamin Goldman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with my config or similar have any success in avoiding these crashes? Tech support had me create a new user. This did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Benjamin Goldman, Unfortunately I can't help, but there are a lot  of us in this same situation.  Please follow and post to this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/4522741#4522741 , we currently have 6,800 views and 143 postings, hopefully the more attention we bring to this thread the quicker a fix will be made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much RBemendo. Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines