Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro extensions menu not appears

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have just purchased premiere pro. After I installed premiere pro 22.6.2, once I open that there is no extensions menu. I tried to install some extensions from adobe Exchange but after the installation was successful I open premiere pro again and it's the same!

Did I do something wrong? Where are the extensions MENU??

Please see the attached video.

Premiere Pro Version: 12.6.2 (build 2)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it here on Windows 11

Extentions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Its working on my windows system but seems there is no such a menu on my macbook! that's weird.

I really hope to find a way soon since my deadline is soon:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem adobe premiere pro  windows extensions not showing and not working please help me bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a warning after you do each of the installs saying there may be additional steps necessary.  Did you follow that up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Those are just simple information about the plugins. I even tried to downgrade premiere pro to a lower version (2021) and still, the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if this is a permissions issue.  check on the windows end and see if you can figure out what the file extension for these files are and where they're located on the drive...  And see if you can find an analagous folder on the mac...  and check permissions...  Apple has made the issue of read/write permissions more complicated in the latest os's (not really complaining, well maybe a bit, but they are trying to make our computers more secure)...

If you need any help with the permissions dance, post back...  I'm no expert but I can probably point you in the right direction.  

You might also reach out to the authors of the extensions...  hopefully they can help with what seems to me like a genuine support issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I started reviewing this document tonight as I'm wrangling a large documentary project

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/premiere-pro/using/long-form-episodic-best-practices/jcr...

and found this

"Extension Paths There are two paths on Windows where extensions can be installed. Check both locations for third-party extensions: • Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions • Windows Option 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions • Windows Option 2: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions"

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have already gave premiere pro full access to disk and folders but its still not working. its very weird since i used to develop adobe premiere pro and aftereffects extensions for several years, and this just happened some days ago and only in premiere pro but not aftereffects. I also checked the following extensions path and those folders exist there but i have no idea why that problem persists... i tried with different creative cloud accounts but not works.

Is there any cache folder that may help if i remove them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but did you check the permissions on the path/folders that you found?  And are you seeing the extensions you installed in these folders?  If not, there was a problem with the installation process...  Might try manually moving the extension after download into the appropriate folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, those extensions folder are there, even some of them that works on both aftereffects and premiere pro are shown in aftereffects but not in premiere pro. 

what do you mean by permission? I already gave premiere pro full admin access to any path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a long shot, but find the folder in the finder and right click on it and choose get info.  Make sure you have full read right permissions.  Oddly enough when I check this folder on my mac (and not always simple access your library folder - you need to use the finder go menu holding the option key down to navigate to the library, I'm not listed on the sharing permissions at the bottom of the  getinfo window). see attached.  But I do have an extension loaded for pluraleyes from redgiant... and I can access via the window menu in Premiere.  I'm thinking a uninstall of Premiere using this. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then a reinstall might fix the issue...

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 2.25.05 PM.pngs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An option like hard reset may help... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines