• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro force shuts down the entire computer at startup

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Macbook pro and running Bootcamp with Windows 10 operating system (specs: MBP 2020, 2.3GHz, Core i7, 16GB RAM)

Starting today, every time I start Premiere Pro (or Rush), the entire computer shuts down. This happens at the loading splash screen. This only happens on Windows side, the programs work fine on Mac O/S. When I boot to Mac, I see an error that the computer was shut down unexpectedly and the following error:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff01526a04c): "Digital Mic::allocateBuffers attempting to release/re-allocate DMA buffer while DMA is streaming." @AppleARMDMAAudioDevice.cpp:1607
Debugger message: panic
Memory ID: 0x6
OS release type: User
OS version: 19P744
macOS version: Not set

I found this post in Apple support which says it's a memory issue related: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252446847

The only major update I recently did was Windows 10  21H2.

Things I tried so far:

• Uninstalled Premiere/Rush > rebooted > reinstalled the latest versions > still crashes
  • Uninstalled > rebooted > installed older versions of Premiere/Rush > still crashes
  • Uninstalled the latest Windows update (21H2) > rebooted >  still crashes

Photoshop and other Adobe apps work fine, it's just Premiere and Rush. I'm at a loss. What else can I do besides re-installing the entire Bootcamp?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this will work under Bootcamp:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Tried that, it gave me a prompt "are you sure you want to reset the preferences?" > I hit yes, but sadly the same issue.

I shot a quick video of the problem with my phone, see below. Not sure if it helps, if you listen with the sound, you'll hear the fan rev up at the end as it crashes.

https://imgur.com/a/v9Sl8Gy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it with no external monitor connected, just for troubleshooting info. 
How far into the startup under Bootcamp do you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried without monitors, it didn't work unforutnatley, it shut down the computer again.

If you mean how far into Premiere's starup, it shows the splash screen, then a white screen. At this point I can't move the mouse. Then the computer either shuts down or reboots itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you want to run Pr under Windows under Bootcamp under Rosetta under macOS, but here is some food for thought (pun intended):

DaveTripleAPI.jpg

With a working native macOS Premiere Pro installation on your Apple silicon, doing what you are trying to do is just making things harder on yourself. In a perfect world it would work exactly like you want it to, but you are asking an awful lot of the programming interfaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of figured I have to start using macOS now 😕

It's just that I've been using Pr under Bootcamp for over a year now without any problems. Ideally I wanted to keep it the same way. Under Mac, the keys are a bit different (eg command vs ctrl) so it will be a bit of a learning curve for me.

Thanks for trying,  I guess will start using it under Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10 system has some issues as seen in the video below. My screens have gone black and then my computer reboots. I admit the problem could be a Windows update but I think Adobe is to blame. For the past two weeks I have been using my backup computer. I will wipe and reload Windows soon and download my programs from the Adobe CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyFu9vhOuHI&t=4s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff Bellune 

I do not agree with your comparison.... CanDo333 had clearly stated that he is using a MBP with an I7 (like me) and NO M1/apple silicon. As well he wrote in the first line that he installed Windows as BOOTCAMP and not as an emulation (exactly like me) ....
and run into exactly the same crash/reboot at starting whatever version of PremierePro.

So , the idea of several stacked APIs ist totally misleading , because an installation of Windows/Bootcamp is a complete native and clean installation on a semi modified Intel-hardware. There is absolutely no emulation , only that "bootcamp-bootmanager"....in case using dual-boot, else, one could simply install windows natively on a mac (Intel).
Rosetta is, a well, totally misleading , because that is only involved in case of OSX (Silicon emulation for OSX Intel-Code).... it has nothing to do with Windows ....only OSX.

So what is really the case .... I ran axactly into the same problem .... and yes , we need to have both versions WIN/OSX installed ON 1 Machine .... for maintaining a large scale environment.....
I am not sure what solved my problem, but there definitely was no update whatsoever taking place (no windows , no adobe )... I watched it very carefully .
BUT : As soon as I had connected an exernal mouse to the MacBookPro (TouchPadVersion) , the problem was gone..... since then I can start PremierePro CC21/CC22 on Bootcamp-Windows without any problem.....

maybe it helps ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a Windows wipe and reload and now my screens do not go black nor does the system reboot. Premiere Pro still has some issues. performance issues. I don't know if a wipe and reload of OS X would work or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tbanks for your input. I've always used my MPB with an external mouse so I don't think that would resolve the problem for me.

Since I made that post a few months ago, I've been using Premier in MacOS. I haven't tried it in Bootcamp in recent weeks, but I may attempt it, there have been few updates and the problem could be fixed. 

The irony is that Premier works slower in my MacOS, compared to when I was running it on Bootcamp! Can't explain why, it's more laggy, even through I allocated more RAM to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem as yours.

After I plugged external audio devices, I solved this issue. That's could be BootCamp audio Drivers problem I thought.

External audio devices: 3.5 mm earphones or USB audio device.

My MacBook Pro is 2018, 13 inch.

BootCamp on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines