• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Freezing after opening Preferences Menu

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been frustrated with premiere for the past couple days, as I want to get some editing done, but opening the preferences menu when I need to adjust settings causes the entire program to stop responding. From what I've been able to tell, it's only the preferences menu that crashes it.

Solutions I've tried (to no avail):
Updating My Drivers

Verifying File Integrity of Windows (sfc /scannow)

Resetting Premiere's Preferences

Uninstalling and Reinstalling through Creative Cloud

Downgrading to an older version

I'm not sure what to try and fix it at this point.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Hi @mr.hajave1994,

Try the latest studio driver. This is the one I use: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/204243/en-us/

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just solved my problem the other day, and it was related to TourBox, In a lab environment I had just pushed out the tourbox program. Needed to launch it and allow it to accesss system events for premiere to start working again. Not sure why that would cause it to crash though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled nvidia hd audio driver. It didn't work for me. Damned. I have the same problem as you. What the hell is wrong with it? Doesn't anyone solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to comment on this as it has been frustrating the hell out of me.>
I have done everything I can think of that has been recommended.
-I have tried Various versions of Premiere 2021, 2022, and 2023 ..
- I have tried going back to drivers released as far back as early 2022 ( clean install )
- I have tried the latest drivers
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere pro countless times

STILL NOTHING WORKS . I click prefences or sometimes even anything in the File menu and the entire application freezes until I have to force close it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this issue by reinstalling my operating system. The problem for me lies within how Windows 11 synchronizes with Onedrive. There was a corruption in the file management. This was discovered when I troubleshot with Adobe tech support when we created a new windows profile and Premiere Pro ran just fine, no problems at all on the same system.

Regards,
Aaron Hall
Go2Pix
Cinemotographer
(858)220-8226
www.go2pix.com
www.facebook.com/go2pixllc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance that just uninstalling One Drive could fix this?
Really don't want to have to start reinstalling my OS if I can avoid it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a New Profile and logged in and my Premiere Preferences opened without any issues. ITS A MIRACLE
I used these steps:

Create a local user account

-Select Start  > Settings  > Accounts  and then select Family & other users. (In some versions of Windows you'll see Other users.)

-Next to Add other user, select Add account. 

-Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.

-Enter a user name, password, or password hint—or choose security questions—and then select Next

However, this is still messy, as my files on my desktop, documents, and some other settings are tied to the other profile.
It's amazing that people have been complaining about this for years and it was figured out.

P/S uninstalling One Drive alone did NOT help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the profile was corrupted. My advice? Use Pr on one computer or be careful while using Onedrive

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Mine has started working again...On my original profileScreenshot (141).png
I wish I could say I knew the exact steps that worked, but I am honestly not sure.
Based on input from@aaronjonellhall  I had planned to check if I could "repair" my windows installation without cleaning out everything.
-So I downloaded the Windows 11 ISO from the Microsoft website
- Formatted a Flash Drive and used Rufus to make a bootable flash.
I was about to start the process when I did a little bit more research and found this online

AND THIS IS WHAT I THINK WORKED
- Restart your windows - Click the Windows Button, Then the Power button, and choose restart. But just before clicking restart, Press and hold the Shift button. Hold the Shift Button till the system powers off and then release
-When the system reboots, it will start in Recovery Mode for Windows... With a light blue screen and a bunch of options
-Choose "Troubleshoot," then "Advanced Options" and then "StartUp Repair"

In my case, it ran the process and said it couldn't/didn't make any repairs.
So I let it reboot and restarted and now Premiere works as expected with Preferences opening fast, No Freezes, and No crashes. Nothing
( This is after months of frustration, Installing new and old Nvidia drivers, disabling graphics cards, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple versions of Premiere and After Effects - the only thing I hadn't done was reinstall Windows)
I think the attempted Startup Repair might have cleaned whatever tiny bug has been causing this for months.
I don't have another system with this problem to try it on so I hope someone else does.
I'll observe and come back with updates if anything changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did u find a fix, i'm the same as you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here with 24.5 update on MacBook Pro with M1...

I tried: 

- Resetting everything by holding down cmd on startup of Premiere

- Uninstalled every plugin I have

- Reinstalled Premiere and wiping all settings

- Cleared all kinds of caches

- Installed a previous version

A project doesn't even have to be open. Anybody found a fix for this? Aside from completely wiping the computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines