• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro hangs when importing new fils into project

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that I now encounter irregularily but frequently after latest upgrade to ver 2020. Work in Win 10 latest upgrade. I organize my work in Win explorer by making documents and subdocuments so the main document is the name of my film project and the subdocument can contain the actuel PP project, music, stills and the like. In PP I like to organize the project panel in a similar way so that film sequences are kept in in one bin, music in another and so on. Now, when I open a project to continue working I import, say music, into the my music bin that already contains some music files, and the timeline stops working. I can't get the blue line around it that tells me it's active but I can make the source monitor and the program monitor active. The blue vertical line that indicates where I am at the moment can't be moved or doesn't show up at all. If I go to my project panel clear the imported file the timeline starts working again. I have tried several different fils to import, even those that are already in my project with the same result. The same happens if I nest a sequence. I work on a stationary computer and keep back-ups on two external hard drives. Sometimes I can get things working a little while when starting a procject from one of my back-ups but it is far from consistent. 

Much appreciate some help.

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ann,

Started off with cleaning the cash fils after learning how through the link you gave me. That did no good. Then I went to reset preferences and that did the trick! 

Thanks a lot!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines