• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro imported videos are green

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help. All my videos are now green after updating to the current version of Premiere 23.0... I installed an older version 22.6.2 which will allow my projects to work but I want to be able to use the newer version if possible..what is causing all my videos to be solid green..... below are my system information and software version

Premiere Pro v23.0

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

MacOS Big Sur

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check that your operating system and video drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryanl43832752,

Sorry about the poor experience. Were you able to solve the issue? If not, in version 23.0, please try disabling hardware accelerated decoding & encoding under Premiere Pro > Preferences > Media & check if it's restoring the preview. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it was an update where this started.  Furthermore, hardware acceleration being disabled won't fix it, as premiere pro will become unusable on cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling hardware acceleration is just a test to see if the error comes from the GPU! If the image displays correctly without the GPU involved (software only mode) then that means we can test different drivers to see what your computer needs. If you'd like, you can share your OS and your GPU model and we can provide a link to the driver for your card! Let us know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the same setup as the op. Mid 2014 macbook pro 15 in. I'm on
the latest software updates. Updating from 2022 to 2023 suite is when it
started.
Turning off hardware acceleration did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So an update.  I went into project settings and changed the playback to hardware acceleration, rather than the checkbook in media settings tab, and that solved it.  However, I would, again, like to use my included GPU, rather than software rendering.  How do I fix this?  I've already tried updating everything to the latest version, including MacOS software update and premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having same issue, this is making me sick 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have it as well.  A few adobe program updates, a macOS update.  I can't exactly go to the next OS, as this is a mid 2014 macbook pro....  come on Adobe, I need hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fix the issue Go to File > Project Settings > General - Video rendering and playback - Renderer Value change as per my screenshot.Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 22.53.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want hardware renderer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same problem, with the same macbook pro. I updated from Premiere Pro 2020 to the newest 2023 version today and suddenly hardware acceleration broke, and I cant play back media in Premiere.

Setting it to Software acceleration obviously works, but geez. I want it to work with the discrete GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines