• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro is Now Crashing My Whole Computer

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides running/crashing issues since the update, where I could open a file to work on, but it would almost immediately stop working, so that I needed to use Task Manager to close it, today I can still open a file but after a series of errors it crashes my whole computer. Errors include "low memory". I have a higher end new Acer laptop, and have never had any problems with this whatsoever, especially as I have two external hard drives as well. There's simply not much on the computer at all, but suddenly now with the new update, my whole drive is full?

1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RedHairCrow,

Terrible news. Is this with a new project or an updated project?
If it's an updated project, can you try a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don|t quite understand the question, but it is a feature length documentary I have been working on for years. No, I cannot try a new project. That is impossible to recreate all of that work and minute edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague suggests it is a memory leak in the application. Looking at Task Manager when it is running, it now immediately uses into the multiple thousands of MBs, when it did not do that at all before. Literally, as soon as I opened the application with the updates, there were problems, when I never had any such before. I have since uninstalled it, emptied caches, tried to use previous a previous version instead, but nothing works. Barely slept because this is a huge, huge issue for our film, and final edits are due 31 October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new project was for testing purposes.  We're looking to find out if you have any issues when you start fresh, not saying you have to do the work over.  Just test it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the application freezes then crashes. Also in my case, as soon as you open the program (its loading), and even if you let it just "work"/"load" or whatever it is doing, the used MBs as seen in the Task Manager keep going up and up until the app freezes. If I allow it to run past that point (still doing nothing within the app because you cannot) my computer crashes. I cannot keep allowing that to happen to test something for PP, which would potentially damage my computer and files, which I'm sure Adobe wouldn't replace or pay to get it fixed.

I realize I am not the opening having such issues, as I'm sure Adobe PP can see here and also on its feed at Twitter, where others like myself are in the same position or worse. I know accounts and customer service related to payments is a different department, but there needs to be a system wide announcement regarding these issues so many are experiencing and we need to be compensated with a pro-rated amount, at the very least. For some of us, this is the difference between significant or continuing contracts and funding for our projects, which is our life's work and keeps us housed and fed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Only one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently been experiencing the same problem. I use the latest Macbook pro and when I'm working a project, Premiere pro will quit, crash, or shut my entire computer down and force it to restart.

Hope this problem gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are definitely not the only one. I. Am. Furious.

I purchased a new Panasonic GH5 to shoot my YouTube videos on, which is great. However, I had to sell my old MacBook Pro 2011 because it couldn’t handle the processing the high end files needed with Premiere Pro. I decided to invest in something that should never give me an issue, and I got the Dell XPS 15 15in 4K screen. After weeks of research, and speaking with other videographers/filmmaker friends who spoke very highly of it, I was sure there would be zero problem. WRONG.

Editing on PP was the SOLE purpose I invested this much in a top of the line laptop, yet PP is the ONLY app I’ve had problems with. The computer works perfectly doing literally anything else. The entire computer will crash while editing or trying to export, and it’s gotten to the point where I press ctrl-S to save my project every 15 seconds or so in case it crashes. The computer won’t be hot, and it won’t be whirring loudly(though sometimes it does), but it is EXTREMEMLY frustrating.

To top it off, Adobe support has spent at least 3 hours with me, ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, to try to find a solution which always leads to them making NDIVA the main driver, which means the entire system is running at a lower performance rate in an attempt to compensate for “Compatibility Problems” with Adobe and my computer.

The next time I restart my computer it asks if I want to fix the settings because it registers that it’s running at a lower performance Mode, and even mentions that the shortcuts on my desktop appear larger or fuzzy.

Its a brand new “workhorse” computer, and premiere pro is fully Updated... I am sick and tired of this... it should be able to handle most anything with stock settings and be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should be sending adobe an invoice of the damages made to my business by making this software available before it is finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines