• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Keeps Forgetting my Custom Hotkeys

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help. I set up custom hotkeys for some functions which are not tied to anything initially. After saving my custom hotkeys, I saved them to a new custom shorcut keyboard layout. Initially I had unbound some fuctions and added my custom hotkeys. My shortcuts work right away but if I perfom another action and comeback to use the said hotkey, I does not respond. I went to check if it was still bound to the key, indeed it was and it started working only until I performed another action and tried to use it again.

It seems Premiere is 'forgetting' my hotkeys and is rembering them again when I open the keyboard layout panel and closing it before using the said hotkey. I don't know if the problem exist because I am trying to bind funtions which were not bound by default? I assumed I needed to restart the program and allow my custom keyboard layout to load when the program starts but that did not help.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win/Mac? PP version? Etc...

I don't know how technical you are but here's some instructions for testing things if you are up for it. Assumes Windows.

In Windows, you can go to this folder: %username%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro

Put it into File Explorer

You can rename the 14.0 folder like with an x in front of the name.

Start up PP, it will create a new, default 14.0, change a shortcut key, and do your test, see if it works.

When you quit PP you can delete the new 14.0 and rename the old one back to 14.0, that will restore the prefs to just how they were before. Inside the 14.0 folder you'll find your profile, in the WIN folder are your keyboard shortcut files... you could even copy the one you want and put it into the matching folder in the new 14.0 folder if you'd like to keep that (if things are working normally) and copy your keyboard file only from the old to the new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the above and it did not work. I will give you an example of what I am trying to do.

In Keyboad Shortcuts bind the fuction 'superscript' to and say F2. Select text and press F2 (text should be coverted to supertext). Cut the the text clip into to different clips and select the the second text file and press F2. (In my case shortcut ceases to work until I open and close the keyboard Shortcut menu) I tried this on MAC and it was not an issue. I am having this issue on my windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine seems to work. (Win 2004, PP 14.5)

You might have lost me on this: <<Cut the the text clip into to different clips and select the the second text file and press F2.>>

I'm not sure what you mean by 'different clips' and 'select the the second text file'

I tried it with Essential Graphics (Select the T tool and create some text and apply super to that). Then if I need another bit I copy that text and paste and them move the copied version from on top of the first one.... and super works on that also.

MyerPj_0-1604621967273.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines