Exit

Premiere Pro - Lumetri Color Stops Updating Controls, Can't Open Subpanels

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Description: 

Lumetri controls "freeze" onscreen.

Lumetri color panel stops updating onscreen.  Nothing happens if I hover over sliders (usually the round control will turn white with a mouse over it). I can click on the sliders controls and move my mouse and the changes WILL happen onscreen, but the sliders do NOT actually move on-screen - they are just stuck in the same spot.  If I click another subpanel (e.g. Creative or Basic Correction), nothing happens graphically, but it does seem like the program has actually opened the panel I clicked on, if I can find where the controls SHOULD be, they respond to click and slides.  It is like the graphical interface is frozen onscreen.  I can also no longer select any of the top Workspace panel tabs - but if I go to the menu and use "Window>Workspaces" I can change to another workspace.  However, going back to the Lumetri Color panel will either result in an updated but frozen interface, or a frozen interface from whatever I was switching from.  Interestingly, if I maximize the panel by double clicking the panel header, the controls display correctly and if I hover over the slider controls they light up.  If I unmaximize, an offset but frozen version of the color panel is shown.

This often happens and will fix temporarily if I close and re-open a project, but than occurs again.

My computer is Windows with 64 GB of ram and top-of-the-line AMD processor, which I upgraded to thinking the problem might be that the program is running out of ram.  It isn't.

Not sure what is going on or how to fix it.  This also happened on my old PC.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unusual behavior and especially so as you've had it on two rigs. Huh.

Typically for odd behavior one does things like trash preferences or delete the cache/media cache database files.

I'm trying think how this could have been part of a project or something.

In the Workspace menu, do you have import workspace from project checked "on"?

If so, uncheck it.

Then create a new project and go through and reset all workspaces.

See what happens then ... with new projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I will try that.  It does seem to happen when Workspaces from a colleague's project get imported.  I had never noticed that importing was an option and didn't realize that it was persistent, so maybe that is what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines