Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Not responding

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Just been working on a project and then all of a sudden I open the project, the project opens and I can see the timeline but it is completely stuck, with the loading wheel going.

It says that 'the application is not reponding' and the message (see photo) appears...

Tried restarting computer, reintalling Premiere - still not working 😞 

Can someone help?!Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 20.04.24.pngScreenshot 2021-09-28 at 20.10.53.png

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Hi, thanks so much for everyone's help, really appreciate it! -- I actually managed to solve the problem by updating my Macbook Pro to MacOS Big Sur. For some reason Premiere wasn't responding with MacOS Catalina!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You project might has gotten flakey. Start Pr and create a new clean project. Import your current project into this new one. Does this help?

In the mean time: Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a information about the codec used can be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the trouble. Does it happen with a specific project? Which device did you use to capture footage?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultupcdaavh2r2i,

Are you able to create a new project in Premeire Pro? Does it work fine? You could try resetting the preference. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premie...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the problem last week. We didn't hear back from you, though. Is everything OK? If you are still there, could you please send in or attach a crash log? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-...

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks so much for everyone's help, really appreciate it! -- I actually managed to solve the problem by updating my Macbook Pro to MacOS Big Sur. For some reason Premiere wasn't responding with MacOS Catalina!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a few more days. Then we'll close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines