• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro not working upon launch.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I open premiere pro, where there should be a list of my recently opened projects, the screen is just white and I can't click anything but x out of it, and when I do premiere just closes. I've restarted my computer, and nothing has seemed to work yet.

image_2021-07-06_224729.png

It's been doing this for a week or two now and I've had to resort to free video editors. Please help! 😞

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This looks strange. I assume the settings have gone corrupt which could be causing the trouble after launching the application.

What happens when click the X on the white page? Are you able to see the recent project under File > Open Recent?

Would you mind resetting the preferences to make the settings default? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

Let us know if it brings any change.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click x on the white page, the entire program crashes. I can't click file, it just makes an errror sound. I tried resetting my preferences but it's still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe its time to reinstall?

If you do, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines