• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Playback Issues

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've noticed that when I load my footage into Premiere, the playback is always choppy. This persists even when I decrease the playback resolution, and there are no effects or lumetri. I have even tried using proxy files, including both h.264 and DNxHD, I made sure the frame rates all match at true 24p, which is what it was shot in. I edit all my footage on a separate SSD. I have completely run out of ideas as to why this might be happening. I've tried re-installing Premiere and even rolling back to an earlier update, and so far nothing has fixed it. I am editing on a PC, with the latest version of Windows 10 the specs are as follows: - AMD FX 6300 CPU - 16GB of Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 RAM - MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB video card -Asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard The original footage was from my Panasonic GH4 and was 1080p 24 frames per second 200mbs VLOG video.

Here is a link to a video showing how the playback looks.

https://youtu.be/KhU6wfuNq_Q

Thanks in advance for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed post, Lexallen. Please share the following information:

1. Have you updated the GPU drivers to the latest version? Update the graphics driver | Windows 8, 7, Vista

2. What is the selected renderer in the project settings? Change the renderer and check the performance. FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

3. What is the location of the media cache? FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

4. Are you logged in as an administrator? Run the program as an admin using the steps in this article: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Please let us know the status after trying the steps.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend using the included Cineform proxy presets for your footage.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines