• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro recovery and auto save file corruption

Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With both Premiere Pro 2019 or 2020 versions, whenever I have a crash, the recovery file or any of my auto-save files will open. All I see is the dreaded spinning beach ball. The ONLY solution is to create a new, empty project, import the project that crashed and resume work. The recovery files always worked in the past, but no longer. I frequently delete cache files to fix stability issues with Premiere Pro, but I'm wondering if there are files that are causing my recovery files and auto-save files from working for me. Any suggestions?

FWIW, I'm running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 on an iMac Pro with 64GB RAM and Radeon Pro Vega 64 graphics card. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

You might try repairing Adobe folder permissions. See my blog post here. Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip regarding folder permissions. That's a new one for me. I did the treatment suggested in your post and will report back if I see any changes. So far, so good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of doing a Save a Copy to another drive on a regular basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth a try, as I already do a "save as" backup, but it's on the same drive as the orignal project. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" it's on the same drive as the orignal project."

You should also be saving a copy on another drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines