Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro support for Quadro 2000m

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have HP Elitebook 8560w, Windows 10 Pro, with nVidia Quadro 2000m GPU and I have problem when starting premiere pro.It throw error "Unsuported video driver" for NVIDIA Quadro 2000m.In system report it says this "NVIDIA has identified a bug which causes random crashes in your Adobe application and has provided a fix in driver version 430.86. This driver update is strongly recommended."When I try to install that driver it is not finding supported hardware and I cant install it.I also tryed to fix that with fix that notification suggest but with no luck.Also downloaded driver for quadro 2000m from nVidia site and installed it but error remains the same.

Is there any fix for this?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your card is too old to work with 2020.

The last available driver for your card is 377.83.

Might want to try 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of premier will work with my card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, same thing with 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem occured with my Dell Precision m4600. Only Adobe premiere pro 2018 works with this card. Alas the support for this card is lost in both mac and pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i love is that premiere pro 2020 has no support for the quadro 2000m but yet it supports the intel hd 5000 series IGP whitch has no where near the performance of the quadro 2000m 

why do they feel the need to cut support for older devices when theres no real reason to do so IMO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not updated the OpenCL list in years now. Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 now no longer supports the Intel HD Graphics 5000 due to it being part of the 4th-Generation Refresh Intel CPU line. Adobe now officially requires a 6th-Generation or newer CPU (7th-Generation or newer recommended) in order for Premiere Pro to run properly. And that's all because of Premiere Pro 2020 now becoming very picky about driver versions: Premiere Pro now requires a driver version that's higher than 24.20.100.6286 just to work properly. The "newest" driver version for the HD Graphics 5000 is well below 24.##.###.#### (note the first two digits in the driver version number): It is only 20.19.15.####. This indicates that Intel had discontinued mainstream support for the 5th-Generation and older CPUs back in 2016, and since that time only critical security patches were released for that series of CPUs (including their associated IGPs).

And Premiere Pro 2020 is very picky about driver versions. Adobe now requires a driver version higher than 430 just to run Premiere Pro properly. Unfortunately, GPUs that had been EOSL'd by Nvidia itself - any Fermi (including your Quadro 2000m) or older GPUs, plus the Kepler mobile parts - are no longer supported at all in these newer driver versions.

In other words, you need newer hardware just to run Premiere Pro 2020 properly. The Quadro 2000m is now already 10 years old at this point. And the tech companies do not want to support anything that's even four years old, let alone 10 years old, anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineers would disagree with the need to drop older devices ... simplifying and updating the total code for the app. As RJL notes, the card is a decade old. 2010. Are you suggesting that the engineers should build a truly massive app, difficult to debug, so they can still support every device ever used on a computer?

Maybe still support WinXP?

Yea, needing to upgrade gear is a pain. We've had computers in our shop since about 1988, at times up to 10 computers at one time. I don't know how many computers we've gone through. And we cycle them ... mine is video production so it needs to be the hottest. And I need to upgrade.

My current rig will go to the Missus, who does pro still imaging. Her rig will go to the sales/conference room. That rig will become the 'server' for the massive storage she needs. The old 'server' will go buh-bye. We've done this dance at least every three years.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou all for the replies i love a good discussion 😄 

couple of things i just want to clarify though

the list of supported devices on this link clearly states the hd 5000 as being supported in 2020 
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

is this the list your refferring to when you say "Adobe has not updated the OpenCL list in years now"

the reason i guess it mildly frustrates me is that the quadro 2000m graphicly outperforms the hd 5000 and 6000 in benchmarks so i just dont see why it has to be cut from support im not saying to add support for everything but when your someone who uses it at home as a hobby its not as easy to just forkout $1000+ dollars on a laptop just so you can keep using a peice of software.
my old core 2 duo hp elitebook has functioning drivers on win10 and works absolutely fantastic. im a firm believer in not just throwwing away something just because its not the latest stuff but thats a whole different discussion for another day.    

i would love to meet or chat to someone who has to make the decisions on whitch cards are supported and whitch ones are not purely to understand from a software devs prospective why support is cut from older devices 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. the Integrated Graphics list has not been updated at all by Adobe since it was exactly the same list as it was in Premiere Pro CC 2018. It was merely a copypasta from the CC 2018 days. Adobe has not tested integrated Intel graphics compatibility at all since then, so they simply left the list in situ.

And the reason why the Quadro 2000M is no longer supported has absolutely nothing at all whatsoever to do with performance. Remember the Nvidia driver version that both Premiere Pro 2019 and Premiere Pro 2020 now require? Both of those versions are now becoming very picky with that. Premiere Pro 2019 now requires a driver version higher than 396 just to even be supported, while Premiere Pro 2020 now requires a driver version higher than 430. The Fermi GPUs such as the Quadro 2000m are simply too old, and now obsolete due to the actions by Nvidia itself - they completely ended all driver support for that entire generation of GPUs which dated all the way back to 2010. And Adobe had absolutely no choice whatsoever but to absolutely require a driver version that no longer supports legacy or obsolete hardware at all at the time of the release of a given major version of Premiere Pro. So, Fermi was already in "legacy" support status at the time of Premiere Pro 2019's release, and is now completely obsolete by the time Premiere Pro 2020 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines