Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro v22 changes colors automatically

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy everyone,

when importing a .MOV, Premiere Pro v22 is doing crazy thing with the colors, increasing the temperature and brightness automatically.  You can see in the picture, the original color of the video (left) and the one in Premiere Pro (right).

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-03 a las 4.34.39.png

Even if I export without doing anything, the color does not match the original one.

Assuming I import one file and export it again without doing anything, How could I get the original color of my .MOV?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Explorador Financiero 

Is the source footage HDR/HLG?

As of 2022, Premiere will now acknowledge and recognize the color spaces of H264 and H265 media. Meaning if you have a Rec. 2100 HLG clip, it will retain that information. If you put it into a Rec. 709 sequence, you have luminance values and gamuts that exceed the Rec. 709 gamma/gamut, hence it looking differently.

If your source footage is HDR/HLG, I'd suggest putting the SDR Conform effect on your footage, or as an adjustment layer above your footage. Alternatively, you could override the color space of the footage to Rec 709 (but personally I think the former is preferrable).

If your source footage is NOT HDR, still, look at the color space of the footage (Right Click > Modify > Interpret Footage). You can see what color space is on those clips and either override it, or plan your adjustments accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you determine the "correct original color" ... ? If by a player on your computer, that's likely not as accrurate actually as PrPro.

So ... where you compare it, and how, matters. Give us the details on that. And on your system ... OS and hardware.

What created the mov files? Are they HLG or some other HDR format?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines