Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro won't import XML files

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to put English subtitles on a german video which is over an hour, I've been given an XML by a professional subtitling company (who we've worked with in the past and they're XMLs could always be imported by Premiere before), but Premiere will not import it into the project! I've tried importing it in all the ways I know how (File>Import, dragging and dropping and through the Media Browser), but nothing seems to work. The strange thing is I'm not getting any error window, when I try to import it, Premiere acts like it normally does with the Import Window popping up, but when it's finished there's nothing in my project! Can anyone please advise me on this issue?? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it something to do with the most recent Premiere update? Do I need to update my OS?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm currently using

macOS Sierra 10.12.4

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Zeon E5

Premiere CC is the latest version: 12.0.1

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

There is a bug in Premiere 12.0.1 with the "Allow Duplicate Media during project import" check box in Preferences>Media.  If you have it checked it thinks that its duplicate media and will not import the media for both AAFs and XMLs.  I've found that if you toggle it off, it will import your AAF.

Rollback to Premiere 12.0.0 if you want this to work correctly. 

I reported the bug to Adobe a few months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution!!! painful. but it works!

The same thing was happening to me with PluralEyes 3.5 and 4.

So after trying multiple things. I duplicated the files I needed on a new hard drive.

then create a new project in premiere and save it on the desktop. I closed it.

I went to Plural eyes 3.5 and synchronized everything directly there.

I exported the project in xml (for premiere) as usual and i saved it on the desktop as well.

I opened premiere and the new project that I had created.

Then import the xml file created on PE3.5 and that was it!

Tell me if it works for you too!

sorry for my english! if you had questions about this i'll be glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating to the newest version, same issue. This morning I uninstalled everything and ran the Adobe cleaner tool. Still does not

work. Here is a screen shot of the error. I did try importing this same XML file into After Effects and it works just fine, which tells me there is nothing wrong with the XML file. Please help.

Screenshot (13).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem! XML works fine elsewhere but cannot import into the newest premiere (or version before). It says it's loading for a bit, then the loading dialogue box disappears and nothing has happened. Help @adobe staff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was having the same problem importing XML from Pluraleyes 3 to Premiere Pro 12.0.01. Unchecking box solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue just now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here with version 12.0.1 and 12.0.2. I'm trying to import an XML generated in Premiere 12 too, DaVinci Resolve XMLs are working fine. That's one solution you can try, import XML to Resolve and the export an XML from there.

This needs to be fixed asap, Adobe! This post has more than 1 month and has not been fixed yet.

Here is the XML

https://we.tl/vYIvUvZccK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and I've not found any way to get XMLs to work on Premiere CC 2018.

What does work however, is importing the XML into Premiere Pro CC 2017, then exporting a PPCC 2017 project and opening that project in PPCC 2018. Totally irritating, but for me that's the way of accessing the XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - after a quick test, the XML import worked for me in the 12.1.0 build 186 version.  I'm on a iMac 10.13.3.

ta

chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION!

that works for me. I have all my source data saved on an external hard drive.

1) copy your xml to desktop

2) unplug your source data hard drive

3) create new project on desktop

4) import xml

5) save new project

6) plug your hard drive and attach your source data

* works on win 10 64 bit - premiere pro 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro won't import XML files

Who can Help me?,  the past project work fine with the solution of MARIEFAVI, but now again Won't import!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines