• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro wont launch - loading importerquicktime.prm

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem didn't exist for me not even a week ago, but suddenly did when I tried to launch Premiere Pro yesterday. When I try to launch Premiere Pro (14.9), the launcher freezes indefinitely on the step "Loading importerquicktime.prm". I can't even end the task through Task Manager when it starts Not Responding, I have to restart or shut down my laptop (Windows 10.0.19042).

I've tried a number of things to resolve this issue, including uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud itself, resetting OneDrive (where my AppData file is), changing folder access settings in Windows Security, and other remedies people have listed on forums, but to no avail. I don't want to have to reinstall Windows if I don't have to, but I can't think of other options. The only Windows updates on my device since being able to launch the app last (2/15/21) have been Windows Defender Antivirus and an update to remove Adobe Flash Player (2/19/21).

Anyone have any sure fire ways to fix this? Incredibly frustrating, thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

It seems that a Windows reinstall did the trick - better than nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before attempting to reinstall Windows, Premiere, or Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you go to the link, I think it makes things pretty clear.  I'd say both the creative cloud app and Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good advice. There is no good way to kill this bug. If the Adobe Cleaner and a reinstall of Creative Cloud and the applicaton will not work, then you may need to prep for reinstalling the OS. No one wants to go that far, for sure. That said, we always have to be prepared to do such a thing when needed.

The best QEs that I have worked with (typically, those have a past as editors or AEs) at Apple and Adobe always have a full bootable backup of their most recent OS. Carbon Copy Cloner is pretty popular with that crowd. Periodic backups of project files to other drives was also done. I assume that these days, the files are saved to a share on the Cloud.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it seems I'll have to go the route of reinstalling, as a cleanup of CC and Premiere didn't fix the issue. Majorly disappointing that software of this caliber can contain a bug that requires a full OS reinstall to ~potentially~ fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that a Windows reinstall did the trick - better than nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it, Nicholas. Often, this is the solution.

If you have not reinstalled an OS any time recently, it could be fragmented on the hard drive. From what I've read, this can kick out .dlls that can trigger this behavior. Removing them, replacing them, or yes, reinstalling the OS is sometimes necessary to get around them. As editors, we have to be ready to do this when all other troubleshooting steps fail..

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That said, we always have to be prepared to do such a thing when needed.

The best QEs that I have worked with (typically, those have a past as editors or AEs) at Apple and Adobe always have a full bootable backup of their most recent OS. 

By @Kevin-Monahan

I'm an I.T. professional and a developer with 25 years of experience, and that's absurd.  Aside from SEVERE virus infections and actual hardware failure, I haven't had to do a full Windows reinstall to fix anything.  At all.*

Except apparently Adobe's horrible software, so it's not a surprise that people at Adobe always have a full backup at the ready.

*Back in the days when I was doing desktop support and was super lazy, I'd re-image a computer with a fresh OS, but again, that was out of LAZINESS, not due to an actual technical need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotta say a lot of things can cause OS corruption;  failing drives, installing software that causes issues, etc, etc.    Up until recently I've worked on macs and having a clone of my startup drive has saved my bacon many times.  And I'll update the clone before doing any sort of software install or update...   I'm working on both windows and macs now and haven't been able to figure out how to mimic this workflow on the windows machine.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have experienced this issue. Other than reloading Windows, has Adobe addressed this issue? Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try running Adobe Cleaner and reinstalling Premiere Pro. If that does not work, try reinstalling the OS, then Premiere Pro. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunalty, this has become a problem for me too! Nothing works for me either. Seems I will have to reinstalls the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaris,

Try running Adobe Cleaner and reinstalling Premiere Pro. If that does not work, try reinstalling the OS, then Premiere Pro. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this same problem. Tried many different things, but ultimately reinstalling Windows fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all nonsense. I have seen this now a dozen times. And NOTHING fixes it. It just goes away while Adobe support laughs at us. 

1. One time, just removing all USB devices 'worked'

2. Another time, deleting one file in Roaming AppdData did the trick

3. Another time, waiting until morning 'worked'

4. Another time, deleting the Adobe Updater service worked

This time, hanging on ImporterQuicktime.prm happened simultaneously on 5 different comptuers (OK, not QUITE simultaneously), but I logged in to one after another and ALL of them got the error, when ALL of them were working a few minutes before. This means that Adobe changed something that screwed every person in the world up until something refreshed or changed or whatever. But then an hour later or so after trying all the most recent VooDoo on the web. I went to DQ and got a blizzard and voila - when I got backed all 5 computers worked again. Hmmm. 

Why can't Adobe document this issue so that it can be fixed when it occurs or prevented altogether....

Absurd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

io non installerò il Sistema Operativo perchè Pr non funziona. Datemi una soluzione o disdico abbonamento. Grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same in Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder 23.4, 23.5, 23.6. Last working version is 23.3.

Win11, Intel 13700k, RTX2700 Super, 64GB RAM.

I have already tried all the proposed solutions. Nothing helps. This is incredibly frustrating. Please Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines