• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Project and search bins not searching description data

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have various keywords and labels in premiere's description section, though project and search bins don't search the description field. I can successfully produce results when using the find command+F, but it does not work with project or search bins. This is unfortunate, because the find command only searches one item at a time. Search bins and project search are nice because it puts all the search results in the same place.

Is premiere not able to do this? It seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

This has been an annoying bug for some time…but it appears to be fixed in the 13.1 update that became available last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried searching the term with ALL CAPS but it didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have children who have learned to walk, speak, run, read, play soccer, and do math in less time than it has taken Adobe to fix this critical bug. And it's a friggin basic text search that we're talking about that you can't do right. You're a joke and I'm really glad you don't make airplanes.

Sorry to come across impolite but this is infuriating. It's 2024. FIX THIS. 

It's not just that it sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes the search results are wrong or incomplete. So you literally cannot trust it even when it appears to be working.

Devs/techs: don't deflect and ask me for my machine specs or whatever. It's been reported for like 8 years on all manner of systems and versions. Just go read all the complaints and get to work. I used to write software and this would straight up embarrass me.

It's the same bug as this one

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/major-bug-with-search-filters-and-with-searc...

And this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/premiere-pro-cc-2019-13-0-2-search-find-bin-filter-...

And this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/search-in-project-not-working-correctly/td-p...

And probably a bunch of others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of April 2024, this is still an issue since at least 2016. Adobe, please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines