Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or description of dozens of clips, and the search bin would remain empty.

I tried multiple solutions discussed in this thread about CC 2018: Premiere Pro CC 2018 Doesn't seem to be able to search the Project Panel . I trashed preferences, deleted the media cache and database, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and tried the lock project trick. I still saw the same behavior. Tried starting a brand new project containing only 4 clips. In one case, 2 of these clips contained the same word in the name; searching on that word in the project panel filter would locate only one. In another case searching for a different word in the name of one of the clips revealed nothing.
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely frustrating. I to am having issues with my search bins and search feature within the Project window. I recently updated to Premiere pro 2019 13.0.2 and ever since the previous search bins that I created in previous versions of Premiere that were populated with many clips, now are empty. On top of this the search feature doesn't find all the clips containing the keyword I searched.

I hadn't realized this glitch initially, and have done a lot of editing to my project and can no longer open the project in a previous version as I'd loose too much progress. I have resorted to having my project open in both version of premiere, using the search feature in 2018, and using that as reference to find my clips in the 2019. This is not a streamlined way of working and is a huge pain. I'd love for this bug to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please address this Adobe, it's a major pain.
Here's my screen cast replicating the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Em-oP3gtFHEESlxptojlMLWxIdZBepvh/view

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can confirm this bug still exists, search is all but worthless at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes big problem, very annoying to not have basic functionality that I was depending on not work. Wasting a lot more time searching for things already that were sorted... Why is this always an issue with Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search bins and search function in Premiere are not working. It only finds some of the files I expect it to find.
I confirmed that the metadata I have entered to the files is traveling with the files. I created a new project and reimported the the files and I see all metadata intact. Yet, Premiere can't find the files using search bins or search function.
Please Adobe fix this. This bug makes Premiere unusable for any organized editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in Premiere Pro CC 13 running on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working either! 13.0.2, Mac Mojave 10.14.2

"Don't update complex project across major new versions of Premiere Pro. -
Overall, however, you should start and finish a project using the same version for fewer issues like this."

You're not serious are you Kevin? If you are, Adobe Premiere Pro is certainly not the idea software for documentary films which can take years of dedication to complete.

Please get this fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search is broken! I have a long running documentary project containing 4500 assets and growing, sorted into well organised bins 3 levels deep. The only things search will find are *some* of the temp music mp3's. Nothing else. I have added copious amounts of metadata to my media to make it easier to find what I need. Now it is pointless.
I've tried starting fresh with a brand new project, imported the media only (no sequences or anything else) - and i get the same result in the fresh project. Search is not working in a large project. I am currently running Premiere 13.0.3 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Search bins are also broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have a long running documentary project containing 4500 assets and growing..."
- Thanks for posting Pete!

My doc project has 17,000 files and shot over the span of 10 years with months spent organizing and keywording. I'm deep into the edit now and this is hugely frustrating.

Broken and unsearchable!!! Thanks Adobe.
I will be looking toward Resolve if I can make it out of your mess.

Mac Pro (Early 2013)
Mojave 10.14.3
Premiere V 13.0.3 (build 9)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, search and smart bins only finding a portion of the files, or none of the files that it should in a query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem, I am about to update Premiere - hopefully it will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been creatively handicapped by this also. If anyone knows how to export clips and their corresponding keywords from Premiere to Resolve please share. I'd just ship in a heartbeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, here, any new info on fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me on Windows 10, Premiere version 13.0.2 build 38. I am searching for terms that are definitely in description fields but get no results. Doing the same in the search bin tool only returns a handful results. I am SO SICK of indexing and searching issues. I don't understand why this keeps breaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe folks are you listening? This is a major problem. Not one clip is coming up with the search/filter bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has only happened to me in one project so far but it's the strangest thing.

For some reason, it's only filtering clips from random folders. I tried deleting the media cache but with no success. Super frustrating, of course this is the project I spent most of my time logging on.

I tried the filter function in a different project and it works just fine. I can't imagine there are any corrupt files in this project though, it's fairly fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here... (Premier Pro CC 2019 v13.0.3 on Windows 10)

I see so many people saying they're ready to move to a different software but quite frankly if I'm paying a monthly fee for software "because it constantly needs to be updated and developed" then why the **** isn't it being updated and having known issues fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I've also got this issue. I've done all the mentioned solves, but none have resulted in a fix.

The Find feature (Cmd + F) will find what I'm searching for, but not filter it so those files are the only files I can see. The Filter Bin Content won't find anything. It actually hides everything in the project except for other bins. These visible bins do not match the search parameters, files inside them do match the search, but they won't display through the search. The Search Bins feature produces empty search bins, even though files exist that match the requested parameters in all of these scenarios.

Searching through the Media Browser functions, but that's no help, cause I want to search the metadata that I've logged, not the files on the drive.

I'm running Premiere Pro 13.03 on a MacBook Pro with 10.14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.0.3 build 9 and still a problem for me. Gives no results all. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be fixed in 13.1. Been testing it out a bit today and so far so good. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, and have been having it for months, maybe over a year I can't remember. I called Adobe tech support and did a screen share with the technician. He saw exactly the problem I was having and told me it was a known issue. So now what? I've called, and I've voted to have it recognized but how do we actually get it looked at seriously? This is a huge sticking point with my workflow because I'm editing a web series with dozens of episodes and consequently hundreds of clips. Clips I've spent lots of time keywording and now I can't sort to find them when I need them most. I'm paying for creative cloud for a professional product, but it doesn't work right. Is it not worth the time and money to fix? Does Adobe care? Are you listening to these comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappearance of filter is a HUGE efficiency hit for me. I'm working on a documentary and need to be able to find all these clips that I carefully selected and logged based on the documented availability of that feature. Please prioritize fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and was able to fix it by resetting my preferences in premiere. To reset preferences: close premiere then select the premiere icon on your desktop while holding the option key. Select "open" while still holding the option key and you will then be prompted to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I used to speak very highly about you at many national educational conferences encouraging everyone to use your software.

I'd demo our award-winning online educational products (built entirely from your creative suite/cloud) to large audiences and jaws would drop including mine. I was a kid-at-heart back then that naively trusted and enjoyed creating with you.

Times changed for you circa 2010 as you began abandoning many of your software titles, features within titles (like this search bin in Premiere) and the community of users who made your company a household name.

I warn people about your practices these days - not because you are an exception, but because you've unfortunately joined the many software companies that, as they grow larger, begin to behave with similar disrespect towards their supporting community.

I'm a 25 yr software dev veteran, used most of your titles throughout that time, and in the last 10 years have experienced a huge amount of pain with abandoned features, integrations and promises ...

... and you're charging me $50/month for that?

Please bring back the glory to your name and consider reaching out to me to learn more about what I mean.

Based on my last 10 years experience with you, I doubt you'll take me up on that offer.

Yes, I'm half attempting reverse psychology on you but also half expecting it won't make a difference either way - but ...

... may you surprise and humble me 🙂

Your once zealous partner,
ReneRafael.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue running the very latest versions and version of macOS. REALLY frustrating and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate