Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or description of dozens of clips, and the search bin would remain empty.

I tried multiple solutions discussed in this thread about CC 2018: Premiere Pro CC 2018 Doesn't seem to be able to search the Project Panel . I trashed preferences, deleted the media cache and database, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and tried the lock project trick. I still saw the same behavior. Tried starting a brand new project containing only 4 clips. In one case, 2 of these clips contained the same word in the name; searching on that word in the project panel filter would locate only one. In another case searching for a different word in the name of one of the clips revealed nothing.
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search bin functionality still unfathomably terrible. It's something so so so basic, yet so so so bad.

I just created a search bin for Tape Name = DAY_X

Bin populates with DAY_Y

No joke. With the 2020 version.

I really can't believe it. After bing under review for 6 months and reports going back more than a year. With what, like a dozen updates in the interim? Really?

This screenshot says it all. WTF. Get your s*** together Adobe. Premiere is becoming a total joke for folks trying to do serious/large projects with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Had the problem in CC 2019 until updating to 13.1, where it seemed to be fixed. Now I'm working on my first project created in CC 2020 and discovered it's broken again. This is truly a basic feature - I don't understand. Time to invest in Da Vinci Resolve Studio, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here. Never got on with it.

Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is playing games. Search Box is still not working correctly in v13.1. But of course there are more 'new features' while crippling and breaking old 'critical features' like search.

With this latest release 13.1, it has been said they say they have fixed 103 bugs but if you go here (Adobe's bugs fixed page) they don't list what those bugs are: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Super lame Adobe... but it fits with the path you are on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem with Premier 14.4.0 using Mac OS 10.15.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now creating a search bin just makes Premiere crash. I guess that's one way to deal with with it! Great job team Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had the same problem back in the day with final cut 7, we resorted to printing out a keyword legend and posted it above the editors computers - upon ingest we used long names for our video files with documnetary subjects, storylines, events, mood, etc like "Alix John dubstep warehouse silly upbeat.mov" then we used finder and would drag clips from mac finder to the timeline - it worked great by the way!  easy to preview clips too, and finder actually stores other metada better as well like the dates - LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate